Monday, August 17, 2015

The clouds come and go, --- holding off any brilliant sunshine this morning. It is only 74 degrees but the humidity is climbing already as storms approach between now and Wednesday. It is a typical August morning and I'm blessed to be alive and part of it. So, I wish you a happy Monday morning and hope you have a great start to your week.

We had a quiet weekend with not much going on other than the routine routines. We had a fairly full church yesterday which is always a blessing. We only have two more Sundays of our combined parish worship services and then we will go back to two services again. I do love the combined services and the folks from both congregations seem to like them too. It helps to keep the illusion of a full church as people take summer vacations etc. But on the other hand, I suspect that each congregation will be glad to get back to doing their own thing. come September. One of the things we lose during the summer schedule is the Sunday school class. We don't normally have that at St. Paul's anyway but instead have what they call Scriptures and Donuts after the service. During that time they discuss the message of the day and the scriptures we used that day. Or --- maybe they simple use the time to socialize. We don't get to stay for it so I'm not truly sure what they talk about. Bu it is time dedicated to faith family fellowship so it is all good. St. Lucas has adult Sunday school prior to the worship service. that uses a regular Christian education format. Unfortunately, Ms. Kate and I don't get to attend either because of timing.

There isn't much blooming in the backyard these days. The phlox has lost probably seventy five percent of the blooms it had on it. The hummingbirds still love it though. And, it is starting to get that fall mildew on it. Ms. Kate says we have some sprayy to put on that to prevent spreading, so I guess I'll have to look for that. We have a few black-eyed susans blooming out by the west fence that the finches like to eat the seeds from. And, the "naked - lady" lilies are just about done with their bloom. Some people call them Magic Liles, and some peoople call the "Surprise Lilies"; but I've always heard them called "Naked - Ladies". That is because they have very little foliage that shows and have a tall stem that sticks up there by itself with a pink bloom.

As I offer up my convesation wit the Lord this morning, I'm keeping in my and asking for comfort for loved ones and friends who are dealing with cancer and other health issues. I haven't heard from my sister again for a couple of weeks so I don't know what is going on with Byron. We have a lady at chuch that is facing yet another joint replacement. Bless her heart, she has a degenerative bone condition that has caused her so very much suffering. I'm also lifing up my daughter Julie as she starts Rush period at the university and all of the students come in and get their books. She and the crew that works for heer are going to be stressed to the max for the next ten days or so. It always causes her to have flare-ups with her rheumatoid arthritis, andshe is in the process of also trying to prepare for a move as she is buying a new house. So, I pray for strength, mentally and physically for her.

The coffee cup is now empty and I must get a refill and check on Ms. Kate's coffee status. I hope you have a most wonderful week. When things get overwhelming --- stop, take a deep breath, and praise God that you are able to be doing what ever it is you are involved in. Then, ask God if God will let your life be an example for someone else. See you tomorrow. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment