Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Once again it is mid-week, or hump day, what ever else you might want to call it. Around here, it is generally caled "bulletin day" or visitation day because today we will do both. Years ago we settled on the idea of doing our bulletins on Wednesday because for nine months of the year we also have choir practice on Wednesday night. And, --- we've used to have a Wednesday morning Bible study. Unfortunately, many of the people that attended that have passed on or have gotten too old to want to do that any more. But, we've always made good use of the Wednesdays in our life since we've been at the churches.

I had to replace one of my bark butter feeders this morning. One of our night critters got it down again on the ground and licked it clean. But, it has hung out there for about three years and has gotten rotted to the point that it didn't take much pressure to pull the screw out of the end of it. It was nothing more than a fourteen inch piece of a branch with one inch holes augered out of it to hold the bark butter. But the birds all seem to love it so I put up a new one.

The yellow cat is back again this morning and is in the neighbors tree. It is really pretty high up there too. I'm sure it chased a squirrel up there. But it seems a bit perplexed right now about how to get down.  ------ nope, it made it down just fine. That cat is going to drive the squirrels bonkers because they can no longer be safe just running up the tree six feet like they do when the pups are here. Yesterday it was sitting outside my sunporch door wanting to come in. --- I think not!

It is a nice cool and sun shiny morning. I think will go work in the flowerbeds for about an hour this morning. I need to deadhead the lilies among a thousand other things. But that would make the place look less overgrown and more cared for. I just never seem to get caught up. Why I'm even considering expanding a couple of flowerbeds is just beyond me, but I will.

I told you that Julie and Jim found a house they want to buy. Well, they are officially in escrow for the first time in their lives. The whole family is sharing in their excitement. In fact, we have a message stream on Facebook that has been running about a year. She named the stream "The Committee" last night because we have all been so involved in her process by asking a milllion questions. Most likely we are driving her nuts; --- but it's a trip full of love. I think Ms. Kate and I have moved about twenty times in our almost fifty years of marriage which included thirty two years of military service and moves. I'd hate to think about moving from this place. We have lived here since 2001 which is a lot longer than we have lived anywhere.

It is time for me to stop and get out into the yard and pull the stems off of the lilies. I hope you have a day that is crammed with blessings. Even more, I hope you give thanks for those blessings and then share them. C' ya'!

1 comment:

  1. You should have just let him in. You know that 75% of the cats that we have had adopted you!

    ReplyDelete