Thursday, April 6, 2023

 It may or may not surprise you that I like to listen to a little lite opera once in awhile. Well, I guess I you can’ call this opera, although this particular trust is doing part of the album in Italian. I pulled up one of my two Katherine Jenkins albums this morning to listen to. She was all the rage maybe five or six years ago. She has a beautiful operatic voice, she is a beautiful woman and not a bad dancer either. She was on Dancing With The Stars and although she didn’t win, she did very well. She also appears to be a very proud and good mom. She is worth listening to. You can pull her up on You Tube.

April 6th, it is Maundy Thursday. I don’t know if your particular church celebrates Maundy Thursday or not. We will have a Parish wide service this evening and include a Tenebrae service and Holy Communion.  We end the service in silence and begin an all night prayer vigil to honor the words of Jesus when he said “Can you not watch with me, even for one hour?” Our service commemorates the “Last Supper” and the betrayal of Jesus by Judas Iscariot. It is also the “first communion” for our confirmation graduates. It is an important service for us. We don’t do a Good Friday Service like a lot of churches do. I think there will be a Good Friday service somewhere but have not heard of one. Often the Protestant churches will join with their Catholic brothers and sisters in recognition of Good Friday. 

Sunday, I will have three services; 0700, 0900, and 1030. Then, I think I will take a long nap in the afternoon. Well, actually I take a nap every Sunday afternoon. So, there is that!

Ms. Kate had a bad day yesterday. Her two surgery incisions were bothering her and she had an upset stomach. That may have been because she got back on some of the medications that she had been required to stop taking before surgery. She got up in the middle of the night last night and moved to her recliner in order to get comfortable. But, she is feeling a little better this morning. 

I have bird feeders to fill, stick to pick up in the yard, and a lot of weed eating to do today. Jim hasn’t been over to put the mower deck on and the yard is getting tall. But, I really need to take some of it down with the weed eater. Oh, and I still have a sermon to finish. 

I guess that means I better get off of my chair and on to me feet getting busy. Have a very blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment