Wednesday, April 5, 2023

 Good morning and happy April 5th. Once again we are under a tornado watch. Like most people, I tired of the weekly tornado/severe storm watch routine. We have been very lucky at least in our neighborhood that there has not been any significant damage because of storms etc. Just about seventy miles up the road there was a very destructive tornado that wiped out the southern half of the town. I pray for those folks and for the people that lost family members. I think there was another tornado over in Missouri last night and one or more lives were lost. 

I’m glad to say that Ms. Kate is doing very well, all things considered. She only has to take Tylenol tablets a couple of times a day. Last night I noticed that she even was able to sleep on her left side which is a big improvement. That is the side they did the surgery on. The incision on the breast doesn’t bother her near as much as the incision to remove a lymph node under her arm. That’s where her bra rubs and she has to continue to wear one for support. But she says it is a small price to pay to get rid of the cancer. 

I got a good start on my sermon for the 16th last night and I have learned a lot in the process of writing the sermon. It’s always amazing to me when I find new things from scripture that I have read before many times. Last night I had the opportunity to do a good comparison of the four gospels on a certain subject and it was very interesting to see the similarities and the differences. It becomes obvious what each gospel writer considered important and what their slant or view was on their writing of their particular gospel. Mark, was the first gospel written and Matthew copied so much of his gospel as did Luke. Luke did more research on Jesus and reports in a different style that Matthew or Mark. John is a different type of gospel altogether. He approaches the story of Christ from a divinity approach, meaning that he looks at everything through the thought of Christ being the Son of God and being a part of God. The other three work through the human issues associated  with Jesus. 

Okay, our cleaning lady is here and is ready to move in to the kitchen so I got to get out of the way. I hope you have a wonderful day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment