Saturday, April 15, 2023

 It’s a sunny, brilliant blue, and windy day. I’m sitting here in the Sunporch watching Kate’s “whirligig” go at top speed. Unfortunately, — I’m also watching the “helicopter” things start to fall off of the maple tree and the tulip poplar trees, as well as some of the blooms from the flowering trees like Dogwood and Redbud. It is a spring ritual. 

Ms. Kate and I are having a lazy morning. We worked pretty good in the yard yesterday. I got all of the mowing and trimming done. I filled a couple of the planter pots and Kate planted lettuce and radishes in them. I also got the bird feeders all filled and my aviary clientele are satisfied with the results of that endeavor. Ms. Kate made a whole bunch of bookmarks for the hymnals at St. Paul’s church. They are really nice. She cut them out and hand-wrote scripture passages on all of them. I think people will appreciate them. At St. Lucas we put the hymns on the big screens so no one really uses the hymnals except for me and the liturgist. We can’t see the screens because they are lateral to us. 

I have some of my leftover jobs from yesterday to get done today. I’m moving one of my trellis’ to the front of the house and get the new rose bush in the ground. In front of it. And I still need to clean up the garden. Somehow that job keeps getting pushed back and it needs to be done. I have tomatoes ready to be put in the ground probably next week sometime. And I have an area that I want to plant zinnia seeds. 

Every thing is set for services tomorrow so that’s all good. I will be glad to get to the church tomorrow. I left my main pair of glasses up there Wednesday when I was working up there and have been using my store-bought cheaters to get by. It works but not well. However, it wasn’t worth the 50 mile round trip to get them. We all make our choices. 

That’s it for this beautiful day. I hope you are able to get out and enjoy yourself. Don’t neglect to go to your hoarse of worship tomorrow, or today if that’s your style. Just remember that God hasn’t forgotten you for one moment this week. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment