Monday, April 17, 2023

 Happy Monday! Let’s get a brand new week started by praying; “Lord guide my every footstep this week and thank you for another chance to be of service to someone.” 

Today is a copy of Saturday. The wind is blowing harder than comfortable. It’s in the upper forties and not going to go much above 60 today. But the sun is bright so that will help out a lot. I turned the heat back on in the house though this morning. It was 67 in the house and that wasn’t very comfortable at all. I think it is supposed to get warmer this week at some point but then of course we have rain predicted when it gets warm. Hello Spring!!! 

Saturday night we had a few limbs blow down again so I need to get those picked up and put away today. There’s only a couple so that won’t take long. I did get the trellis moved to the front yard but I didn’t get the planting done that I wanted to do. I had already mowed the yard, done all of the trimming, cut the asparagus and took some of the weeds out of the asparagus bed. By the time I got the trellis put up, I was pooped. So today, I have to first move a peony bush and then I will have room for the new rose to go in front of the trellis. It’s not a climber rose but it will look nice in front of that trellis. Then I have another small plant to put in the front flowerbed; (I don’t know what it is but Kate wanted it.) Then I really have to get that raised bed cleaned out so I can get the tomatoes in the ground. I see a lot of my FB friends are planting their gardens now. By the time the plants start coming up, it should be past “frost worries”. Most people are getting their root vegetables in the ground now. 

When I get done with all of that, I have to finish putting together video slides for this Sunday’s service and I have a small part of the service to finish writing. I guess I’ll go run the bulletins on Wednesday. Wednesday evening we have a dinner party to attend for one of my few life-long friends. He’s turning 80 this year. I’ve known him for 75 of those years. Thursday we have Kate’s follow-up appointment with her surgeon. I think he will be pleased with what he will see. 

So, I have a busy week. I can’t imagine what it is going to be like when I don’t have a weekly sermon to write or a worship service to put together. It is going to be different, that’s for sure. 

I pray you will have a blessed week. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment