Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Good morning on what is yet another beautiful day. It’s sunny and 58 degrees already and is supposed to go up to maybe 82 today. That does not suck! I’m heading up to the churches this morning and do my weekly stuff up there. Then I think I will go up to Princeton and visit a couple of my parishioners that are in nursing homes. I haven’t been to see them in a few weeks. They do get to church once in a while and I see them but I like to stop by occasionally.

Well, yesterday I finally got my raised beds cleaned out. As you know I’ve been talking about doing that for maybe two weeks, I don’t know. But, I finally got to that point on my “to-do” list that I couldn’t put it off any longer. I didn’t plant the tomatoes yet. The frost threat still lingers out there. We can’t trust Mother Nature not to suddenly blow some freezing air down from Canada. I just read a list of seven different states that got snow yesterday and at least two of them had temperatures in the 80’s last week. I have friends in both of those states. They are frustrated with the constant back and forth but what can you do? Wouldn’t want to be in Ft. Lauderdale, FL right now either with their historic flooding. There is no where with perfect weather and after all it is the seasons that make the stuff grow. 

Ms. Kate and I have aa birthday party to attend this evening. I don’t know when I last attended a birthday party. And, —- it’s for my childhood friend who is a year older than me and is turning 80. I’m sure it’s going to be a wild event. LOL.

Tomorrow morning, we take Ms. Kate for her post-surgery appointment with her surgeon. I think he will be pleased with what he sees. The one incision has really gotten “hard” and she hopes he will allow her to start putting Vitamin E oil on it to soften it up. But I have looked at both of her incisions several times and they look good to me. 

I just got a text asking for another person to be put on the prayer list which means I need to go make a change to my bulletins. Thank goodness I got it before I printed them today. 

With that, I’ll sign off. Have a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment