Tuesday, April 11, 2023

 Good morning on this Tuesday after Easter. Can you actually believe Easter has now come and gone?, Of course as a pastor, my prayer is that only April 9th is gone, but that Easter is still alive and well in the mind of everyone who turned out to celebrate with worship and song. 

As predicted, my Easter was filled with worship services. The choir did a wonderful job with the Easter Cantata and we had a really good turnout for it. That was followed by a breakfast and good fellowship. Then it was time for me to head up to St. Paul's for their regularly scheduled worship service. The church was full and it was a great worship experience for everyone. The young children enjoyed the children's message that Megan did. and we all enjoyed participating in Holy Communion. 

After the 0900 service while the folks at St. Paul's enjoyed an egg hunt and taking lots of Easter pictures , I headed down to St. Lucas for the 1030 service and we did it all over again. Again, we had a full church. I felt very blessed and a bit sad. This was my last Easter service as pastor of this parish. There will be a lot of :lasts" this year. 

While I was at church, Julie and Jim came over. Kate made lunch for us and Jim put the lawn mower deck on the John Deere for me. My yard was really starting to get tall and needed to be cut, so thanks to him for that. 

Yesterday morning Kate had a regular family doctor's appointment. He as happy with how her healing was going as it had just been one week since her surgery. She is still very tender and sore. His advice was "don't be a hero" -- take your Tylenol more often if you need it. Good advice. 

So that's it for today. Have a great day. I have a yard that wants to meet my John Deere and get reacquainted. Peace. 




No comments:

Post a Comment