Thursday, March 9, 2023

 I really should be downstairs sitting at my desk working away on my keyboard. But, instead, I’m watching birds at the Buffet, eating the breakfast Ms. Kate fixed, and farting around on my iPad and wasting the morning away. But —- I had a full day yesterday as I told you I would have, so I’m relaxing for a bit this morning before I get started. I did get a lot of stuff done yesterday but I’m running out of time on my self appointed timeline. I want it all done before we head out for North Carolina so I don’t have to squeeze stuff in at the last moment. We are adding appointments to the calendar for Kate’s surgery and that will throw my schedule off a lot. 

It is a cloudy and “cool” morning and will be staying that way all day. I guess it is a good thing that I am going to stay inside and write isn’t it. I wonder what I’ll do with all of my extra time once I retire. I tell myself that I’m going to read and in fact have ordered a new Stephen King novel that has not even been released yet. It comes in September, I think, or maybe it is October. But, Amazon had a good “pre-release” price on it and I knew eventually I would buy it anyway. So why not get the good deal. 

It is amazing what a person can get on Amazon. I have been trying to get my new refrigerator water filter for a little while and and the place to get them was out and said he has more ordered but it would be maybe two weeks. So I went to Amazon and found them and I got it this morning, free delivery and had it in two days. Not only that, I was able to set up an automatic shipment every six months. That’s how often you are suppose to change them. The best part is that I got it $20 cheaper that the parts place had them. 

Speaking of internet shopping; the ear cushions on both pair of my Bose headphones have completely worn out. I thought I was going to have to buy another set and was waiting until we go to NC. There is a Bose outlet close to y daughter’s house. Well I got on the Bose website last checking prices and found out that I could just order new ear cushions. Who knew!!!! So I ordered a set. They should be here on Monday and we’ll see if I have wasted $45 or saved myself $300. If they are what I need, I’lll order a second set for my other pair. 

Time to quit jabbering and get on with the day. It is now officially “after-noon”. Have a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment