Tuesday, March 14, 2023

 There’s no sun shine out there this morning again. That’s not very encouraging. And it is 38 degrees here at 1045, — and only might make it up to 45 degrees. Winter dude needs to lighten up and get on his way. 

The Facebook world has informed me that it is National Pie Day, or as they put it; 3.14 Day. I guess we need to go out and get a pie from someplace. There are a couple of places that I can think of to get one. Wolf’s BBQ has some good pies and of course The Pie Pan has some but their’s are not nearly as good as they used to be. We have a new place on the west side of town called the Bee Happy Pie Company and we bought one of theirs a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty good. Of course the best pies I know of come out of Ms. Kate’s oven but she’s not up to asking one today. So if I want one, I better choose a place to get one. 

We have an appointment with Kate’s cardiologist this afternoon. It is all part of the pre-surgery bank of doctors she has to see before her surgery is done. She’s not having any issues other than the cancer but everybody has to “have a look” at her first. I’m okay with that. Gotta take care of my lady. 

I finished up my stuff for Palm Sunday last night. When I go to the church tomorrow I have several bulletins to run to take me through Easter. I know that is a bit far out yet but with us going on vacation for 10 days, then getting home, having Palm Sunday and her surgery the day after Palm Sunday, I don’t know what else the week will hold. I know I have a choir practice in there and a Thursday Night service for Maundy Thursday. We’re told that her surgery should be relatively simple without a lot of side affect, and that is is a same-day surgery. But, pardon me for worrying about the unknown. We try not to borrow tomorrow’s problems and I preach that all the time. Doing, — however, isn’t the same thing is it?

I was called this morning by a church member asking to put a young child on our prayer list. I think she is three years old and has Leukemia. I as told the doctors say it is treatable but it will take three years. The little girl’s name is Saylor;  please add her and her family to your long list of prayers. 

With that, I will close. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment