Saturday, March 11, 2023

 Good morning on this almost sunny morning. It has finally reached 44 degrees and the sun is trying to get through but it really doesn’t stand a chance if my favorite weather guy is to be believed. The clouds are supposed to just get thicker this afternoon and then we have an over night rain predicted. I’m really tired of rain for now but I’m sure before summer is over I’ll be griping about the lack of rain. I have friends heading up north to the Indianapolis area and beyond today. It is supposed to be snowing up there. I pray for safe travels for them. 

Yesterday we got our fence gate put on and the guys really did a good job on it. Hopefully I won’t need them again but if I did, I’d certainly hire that company again. They were efficient and made sure that I was satisfied before they left. I haven’t tried driving the JD through the new gate yet. But, while the guys were here and were using an air compressor, I did get them to air up the tire on the little JD. I really need to take the tire off of the mower and go have a tube put in it. The tires all look pretty worn. I did have a tube put in one of the front tires a couple of years ago. But, I guess I have had that mower maybe 15 years already. 

Last night I finally finished up my sermon for the 19th. It was one of those that I get started on but then suddenly I searching for more to say. But, once the thoughts get going again it works out pretty well. I still have Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday sermons to write and want to do those both, early in the week. 

I got hungry for bacon this morning so I fixed myself a Bacon sandwich with rye bread. It was delicious. I’m not a big bacon eater but I do like some once in awhile. A friend gave us a couple of packages the last time they butchered so this was fresh stuff. 

Tomorrow is the start of Daylight Saving Time so today I need to set the clocks forward that do not set themselves automatically. Most of them do. BUt the first thing I did this morning when I got out of bed was to set my alarm clock ahead one hour. It’s not good for the preacher to be late for church. . 

That’s it for today. Remember to attend your house of worship this weekend and give God the praise God deserves. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment