Tuesday, March 7, 2023

 Tuesday Morning and a rather chit one at that. It’s 45 degrees out side at the moment and isn’t going to improve much today. Maybe another 10 degrees is about it. Yesterday was such a beautiful day and it fools a person into thank that maybe Spring has actually arrived. 

Yesterday was a busy day for us. First thing yesterday we had to go to Dr. Jackson’s cliic for a blood draw for Kate. This had noting to do with her cancer, it was just her routine - every six - week thing that she haas to do. But the place as a zoo yesterday. The parking lot was full. I don’t know what was going on but I do think it was a day that the Evansville Fire Department had to go in for some kind of screening. There was truck with a full crew there when we arrived. They came out and another truck pulled up with another crew and they all went in. Together to the lab area where Kate was. So, it took awhile for Kate, I watched a lot of folks come in and out of that area. 

From there we went to the Evansville Appliance Center to get a new filter for our refrigerator. Unfortunately they were closed because their internet was down. I don’t know why they couldn’t be open but it does show just how dependent we are on the internet doesn’t it. So much for the days where the “clerk” could just go and pull a part off of the shelves. It made me think of the old hardware store on Franklin Street called Heldt and Voelker. I loved that store. It was a large hardware store that seemed to have anything that you needed. One wall was a bank of drawers full of seeds for planting everything from beans to tulips. The place had a “smell” to it that was just “welcoming”. Now that place is a German Restaurant called the Gerst Haus. We go there occasionally and the food is wonderful. Anyway —- since I couldn’t get my filter we decided to go get some lunch. There is a local ice-cream shop right close to where we went and they have a good deal on Sundaes on Sunday and Monday so we went there and had a sandwich, chips and a sundae. We had “crab-melt” sandwiches. It was the first time I have ever had one of those and it was really good. 

Yesterday afternoon I spent out in the yard picking up limbs and twigs for couple of hours. It was almost 80 degrees and sunny and it was a pleasure to be out there. I use my “stick picker-upper” to grab them so I don’t have to bend over, then I break them into small pieces and put them in the trash can. By the time I finished it was almost dark and supper time. I was totally beat; I think from all of the outside air. Oh, and in between lll of that we stripped the bed and washed the bed clothes and did a couple of other loads of laundry. We just exhume excitement round here, don’t we?   

This morning we have been busy with doctor’s calls and appointment scheduling. Kate is now scheduled to have her surgery on April 3rd. That is the Monday after Palm Sunday. Her radiation should be starting on the 24th. We are really hoping that it will take care of the problem and that chemo will not be required. But —- what ever it takes is what we will do. I need my lady healthy. 

That’s it for today. I pray your day is blessed. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment