Friday, March 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope you are keeping your head down; there’s a bunch of storms coming today. We’ve had rain already , on and off, since about 0400. Right now we are in the a lull and waiting for more to start. It’s not like we need any rain. But, God gives what God gives. Tomorrow is supposed to be a better day. 

We went out and bought a new mattress and box springs yesterday. It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Kate has her surgery on Monday and our current bed is just too high. She has to use a stool to get into it. With her surgery, it might be really hard for her to maneuver into, so I said we need to fix that situation. It was fine when we were younger but now we are 75 and 78 yo and we don’t need to be taking chances on something as simple as getting into bed. 

Today we are waiting on a document to be delivered via “over night” mail. My granddaughter said that we had all neglected to sign one of the places on her marriage license. So, —- she is overnighting it to me to sign, ten Jim and I will meet half way between our house and theirs, and then I’ll overnight it to Heather i CA. She will sign it and she will overnight it to Bryan’s mom. What a mess. 

Yesterday afternoon I put my Epson Salt on the flower beds and garden. It sweetens the soil and helps stuff grow. It was a good day to do it since the rain has now come and dissolved it into the dirt. I also put out several peony cages around plants that were big enough. I have maybe another couple of dozen that I’m waiting on to pop out a bit more. I may need to go ahead and buy some new cages as mine are getting pretty rugged looking. I also need to get my mower deck put on the JD because the yard is going to need mowing soon. I generally wait until after Easter. It’s silly I know, but I always wait until after Easter if I can so the “Easter Bunny” has a place to lay the eggs. Yeh, that family tradition does go back forty years or so with my girls. 

Well, I think I’ll fix some oatmeal for breakfast. You have a great day. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment