Wednesday, March 8, 2023

 It’s a cloudy Wednesday and early spring/late winter conditions have returned. I even heard a forecast of snow showers in the northern part of our television viewing area. I’m glad we don’t have that. Today though we’ll see a high of 46 which is in fact quite seasonal. It is the low of 31 that I’m not crazy about. I just unplugged the bird bath yesterday so I don’t want any ice forming on them. 

Yesterday afternoon I filled all of the bird feeders again. I need to stop by Pet Smart and pick up some more black oil sunflower seed. I hope the price has started to go back down. Last time it was double what I have been used to. Generally for a 40# bag I pay somewhere between $17 & $22. Last time I paid almost a dollar a pound or $40 dollars for a bag. I had enough to fill the appropriate feeders wit it this time and may have enough to do another round, but I can’t put it off too much longer. The store folks said that the harvest has been bad for it in I guess South America. I’m not sure where they get it. Certainly there is no harvesting of sunflower seeds in North America this time of year. Amazing that a global economy even affects the bird seed purchases. 

Kari, our cleaning lady is here this morning so she is having to work around us too we are having to work round her, I’m not sure which. We really like her and the job she does. She spends about three and a half to four hours here every other Wednesday and when she leaves the place looks great. She mainly dusts and vacuums and scrubs the non carpeted floors. Kate and I could still do it all but it is hard for us to do it. There are things that just would not get touched if we were to continue doing it all. And there’s no use in saving all of our money to pass on to the kids when we die. And besides, they all have cleaning ladies too long before we did. 

Today being Wednesday mean that my afternoon and evening is full. I have to go run the bulletins at church. I think I will run this weeks and next weeks today. Then next week I’ll be ready (hopefully) to run my Palm Sunday. Maundy Thursday, Easter Sunrise, and Easter late service bulletins. We have our NC vacation coming up very shortly and I need to get everything done prior to going. The Monday after we get back, Kate has her breast surgery so I suspect there will be other things I will need to be doing, in addition to the extra services. I just have to keep the calendar in mind and do what I need to do when I can. I have always worked from the position  of Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance. 

Well, that’s it for today. I have work to do and I’m going to be in Kari’s way shortly. Have yourself a very blessed day. It’s HUMP DAAAAAAY!!  Take your camel for a walk. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment