Thursday, March 16, 2023

 Good morning! I reckon two days of sunshine in a row was a bit much to ask for. But, on the other hand, it is going to be 60 degrees today so there is that. You gotta love the role poly weather we have in the spring here in southern Indiana. So, 60 today and then rain tonight and maybe 40 tomorrow. 

So how is your morning going? We are lazy around here today. We didn’t go to bed until almost 0200 and then slept in. I think Kate got up around 0830 and I didn’t get up until 0900. But, I think we were both just winding down from all of the work we were able to finish up yesterday. We spent a good deal of time at the churches yesterday. As I told you, we had several sets of bulletins to run; this coming Sunday and the next Sunday. Then Palm Sunday with a special insert for one of the churches, then Maundy Thursday, Easter Sunrise Service and Easter late service. Yeh, killed a lot of trees yesterday. It takes awhile to run them and then fold them. 

After we finished that, I had a confirmation class to teach. It was the last one before they kids gets confirmed on Palm Sunday. Following the class then we had to stick around for choir practice. Practice went pretty well last night. It is the first time I have felt positive about it. It really isn’t a hard cantata but we have really had a hard time putting it together for some reason. There are only two rehearsals left. I won’t be there for next weeks and neither will our pianist. Then the following week I reckon we will have practice the night before the Maundy Thursday service. And then we perform it on Easter Sunday morning at 0700. That’s a hard time to get your voice going. But, it will be what it will be what it will be. Everybody is working hard on it. 

Yesterday morning, we did work to get on putting Kate’s office back together in some kind of orderly fashion. That was a major job she wanted to do before her surgery. Julie will be coming over part of the time to help her mom after surgery and we had to get her bed cleaned off so she will have a place to sleep. Always something to be doing around here. 

Today we have some run around stuff to do before we get ready to go on our vacation. We’ll be leaving first thing on Monday morning. Ms. Kate has a list of places we need to go and what we need to pick up. So, I suppose I need to get up off of my trail and get ready to head out. 

I pray your day will be fully blessed. Take some time to stop and give thanks for this day. Peace.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment