Wednesday, January 11, 2023

 It would be silly to think that every day is going to be a bright sunny day. It would also be a desert if it were I suppose. But today is a damp and cloudy morning with just a hint of rain/moisture in the air. That has not stopped this great landscape crew that is working in my yard one iota. They have been out there for an hour already hauling and spreading mulch, and resetting brick pavers. They spent a solid eight hours out there yesterday clearing out all of the leaves and cutting back trees and bushes. I have told you that the place had gotten out of control and beyond my ability to fix. For instance, most people that have Fire Bushes in their yard keep them trimmed back to around five or six feet, My row of them was closer to 15 feet high. My lilac bush had grown above the roof and only bloomed at the top because the trees shaded it so much. The perimeter of the yard had been untouched for two years and the leaves were there just rotting. These guys, a crew of I think six, cut back and cleaned up and hauled literally two dump truck loads of stuff. And I take relatively good care of my yard and work in it a lot as you know. Amazing. I can’t believe how different my yard looks this morning\. It literally looks twice as big. So this morning, they are spreading the last of four cubic yards of mulch and finishing up the job. If you are living in my area, and you are looking for a great yard crew —— hire PMG Landscaping for sure. 

I went to see my doctor yesterday about my sciatic nerve problem. He of course gave me a shot in my rump, but he also has me scheduled for a MRI this morning to try to find out where the nerve is pinched. He said his concern is that I will start falling. That’s not something that I want to do either. We seniors seems to do that a lot and then we get new hips and new joints here and there. Not part of the “golden Years” that I want a part of. 

I lost a friend yesterday Sunday. She was 93 and I have known her since I was five years old. She and her husband were members of my home church. She had been my Sunday school teacher a couple of times and she and her husband had been our Youth Fellowship leaders when I was a young pup. They were just fun adults at a time when other adults were not fun. As her pastor for a couple of years I used to go for parishioner visits with her. My half hour visits usually turned into a couple of hours because we would ll get to talking. She was deeply in love with the Lord and I loved to hear her talk about her relationship with Jesus Christ. II did her husbands funeral back in 2016. They are reunited once again. They had been married for 67 years, now they are together for eternity. Love wins again. 

I better get ready for my MRI. Have a great day. Stop and say good morning to God if you haven’t already. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment