Monday, January 9, 2023

 Happy Monday, welcome to another week of 2023. I hope your weekend was relaxing and full of joy. Did you take time to get to your local house of worship? I hope so. There is no better way to end a week or start a new one, depending on how you count your days, than to start it or end or maybe start it and end it with a good conversation with God. 

We didn’t do much of anything this weekend. I did get to the grocery store to pick up some necessary item. The milk had gone bad and Ms.Kate was out of half and half so that meant we had to go for sure.  Can’t be running out of creamer to ruin her coffee, ya’ know. And without milk, —- well how would you eat your midnight cereal snack? But that was the highlight of the day which tells you everything you want to know about our exciting life around here. 

Yesterday was of course church day. We had the 0900 and the 10:30 and then we had our winter congregational meeting at St. Lucas. Next Sunday we do it all over again at St. Paul’s. The meetings don’t take very long as long as they are kept moving. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. People. Will sit and wait for someone to say something or they will “him and haww” with their thoughts and it seems to take forever. And often, by the end of the meeting, nothing has really been decided at all and stuff gets tabled or the can gets kicked down the road. They are certainly not conducted in the military fashion at all. It’s why I call it operating “at church speed”. And, it isn’t just my two churches that operate this way, I think most of them do. Thank goodness each of my two churches has a small church council. Our councils only have five members each and we have zero “committees”. My home church has a twelve person council and more committees than they know what to do with, and it has always been that way. The silly thing is that when the council president goes around the table asking for reports, most of them say, “nothing to report.” So —- why have a committee??? Civilians are just hard to figure out. LOLOL

I was up way too early today. We have a landscape crew coming today to clean up my back yard and get it “spring ready”. This is the same crew we had a couple months ago that did such a fantastic job on my front yard. For that job, they arrived at 0700, so I expected the same thing today. We’ll I was up and drinking my first cup of coffee by 0640 and it is now 0800 and no one has arrived. I guess it is understandable, it was barely light at 0700 and still pretty nippy outside. But, they will be here eventually. I’m sure of that. And when they do get here, they will go straight to work. They are a good crew and and they are hard workers. 

Tomorrow I go see my doctor about my sciatic nerve problem. Hope to get a fix on this problem 

That’s it for today. Have a wonderful week. Count your blessings and then share them with someone. 

Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment