Monday, January 30, 2023

 Welcome to a new week and by the way, the last week of January 2023. It is a predictable January day, It’s 34 degrees, with a rain and snowflake mix.. Not a hint of sun in the sky. It is a good day to just stay inside by the fireplace. But unfortunately we have to get out in it. Today is the visitation for my parishioner that passed so we need to go to that. Then we need to stop and pick up a few things at the grocery. Tomorrow I have the funeral to do at 1000 hrs. Wednesday Ms. Kate has a doctor appointment and then I have confirmation class followed by choir practice. So, this is going to be another event filled week, and no sunshine to go with it. 

Yesterday was a good but busy day though. Two church services, a luncheon, and then back to church for the confirmation class. What made it a great day was that I got to do an infant baptism during the late service (hence the luncheon afterwards). I love baptisms. I have to say though, my baby yesterday was a fussy one. So was the last one that I baptized. I’ve gone twenty years with all of the babies laying quietly in my arms but these last two were not happy with the proceedings. But as I said yesterday, I hope some day they sing just as loud in the church. 

The other thing that made it a great day was my Confirmation class. These two guys seem to be “getting it” and they are doing a great job. Our last two meeting I have ben having them put together a class statement of faith and thy did a pretty good job. They put down all the basics and now they are supposed to “wordsmith” it and make it a readable and usable document. I have asked every class to do this and they always doa a good job. I have saved all of them and we use them during worship service frequently. I like to do that because it gives them a sense of ownership during the worship service. They can know they created that statement and now they are sharing it with the entire parish. 

That’s it for today. Stay out of the yucky weather if you can, If you must be out, drive carefully. God bless you; have a wonderful week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment