Wednesday, January 18, 2023

 Good morning. I started a blog yesterday and got about three lines written and then we had to go somewhere. I never got back to it so I deleted it this morning. I might as well start over. 

It’s looking gloomy this morning and I hate that because yesterday was such a perfect day. It was sunny and bright and the temperature went above 60 degrees. It was a perfect day to do some of the running around that we had to do. One of the first things we had to do was take Ms. Kate for a hair cut appointment. Those don’t take very long, maybe 30 minutes. Then we went out for lunch at the Friendship Diner. We have eaten there a few time and like their food. I had a breakfast plate and it was really good. Of course it is usually pretty hard to mess up breakfast. Ms. Kate had a pork lunch plate and she said it wasn’t good at all. The pork was shredded, which she didn’t like, the mashed potatoes were instant and she didn’t like the gravy. The best part of her meal was the fruit that came with it and even that was limited to a few grapes and three pieces of pineapple. It was disappointing. Generally their meals are really good. (That’s why I stick to breakfast.)

From there we went to The Vineyard, a Bible book store. I wanted to get some bulletins for my granddaughters wedding. From there we went to the barber shop for me. For once, I was able to walk right in and sit down in a chair. There is usually a 30 minute wait so I felt pretty lucky. 

Today I have nothing on the calendar except to either go downstairs and work on my sermon for the 29th or I need to go up and run the bulletins for the week. Tomorrow we have two different doctor’s appointments for Ms. Kate and they will mess up most of the day because they are spaced apart just enough to be a nuisance and they neither one take all that long.  However, it is supposed to start raining here in the next couple of hours and it’s not supposed to rain tomorrow at all. Decisions, decisions. I think today I will stay home and write. The incoming rain is supposed to be accompanied by some storms, —- so yep, I will stay home. 

Can you believe we are on the second half of January already. I keep looking at my calendar and seeing that we have so many things to plan for and plan around during the first half of the year. I am supposed to get five weeks a year of vacation but it seems that we never get the time to take it. We will take a week in March so we can go to North Carolina for Amanda’s wedding. But, it will be a hurried affair because I have to be back for the following Sunday which will be Palm Sunday. I have to Confirmands this year and they will be confirmed on Palm Sunday. One of the reasons we can’t take vacation now is because I teach the confirmation class every week. That stared last September so that knocks out a seven month period of time that we can’t take a vacation. But, starting June 1st, we will be doing our summer worship service schedule so maybe we can get a week or two in there. Or —- I could do what we do in the military and just save it until the four weeks before I retire. That would put me on vacation as of the 1st of December and my retirement starts the 31st of December. I could handle that. I guess we will see what we will see. 

That’s it for the 18th day of January. I pray you will have a wonderful day. Take some time today to make contact with God. It will improve your entire day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment