Thursday, January 12, 2023

 Cloudy, damp, a little foggy and 54 degrees this morning. That’s an absolute recipe to either sleep in or at least take a morning nap. Unfortunately, that 54 is the high for the day and the temperature is going to start going down fairly quickly. Accuweather forecast shows a “winter-mix” for this afternoon and maybe tonight. Don’t we just love our mid-west weather!!!!

I woke up to the sound of loud thunder about 0300 hrs, and the severe weather sirens were going off. We were having the best lightening show I have seen in a very long time. I love a good lightening storm. There was only a little rain coming down and no wind to speak of, just a sky full of electricity. I turned on the tv and the weather guys were on and tracking the storm. It passed by rather quickly because the storms was traveling at 60mph. It was over us for only about 30 minutes. During that time, my weather machine counted 149 lightening strikes. The weather guys said that there were some power outages around in our area but we didn’t lose power. Even if we had, my generator would have kicked in immediately so it would have been no big deal. 

I went for my MRI yesterday. It basically showed that I have a couple of bulging discs and a never pinched somewhere. I’m waiting for the “official word” from my doctor as to what they are going to do about it. In the meantime, I’ll just keep using the cane for support and hope not to fall. The last time II had a severely pinch nerve I had to go to a neurosurgeon and have a minor surgical procedure done to “dig it out” (a lot worse sounding than it really was) and I haven’t had any more problem in that area. That may be what they will do again. I don’t know. 

My yard crew got finished up yesterday morning and the place looks fantastic. I took a bunch of pictures but I have yet to figure out how to put photos in my blog. I have tried numerous times in the past but it never works. Maybe it can’t be done. I don’t know. I guess I could google it. Maybe there is a smart person out there that knows the answer. 

So today I need to go to the churches and run my bulletins for Sunday. Tomorrow I have a funeral to do so that ties up that day. I’m hoping the sun will come out shortly before I go. 

That’s about all I have for this morning. I hope you have a great day. Stay safe and stay in touch with God. 

Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment