Saturday, January 7, 2023

 Another bright and shiny day — can I stand it?? It’s starting to look an awful lot like spring out there and yet I know we only are one third of the way through winter. Did I tell you that I actually have a couple of my daffodils pushing their noses through the ground?  I was shocked. I guess I should not have been surprised, The wild onions have already come up. I had hope that we had killed them out but nope! There is no killing them. 

I did get out and do some visitation yesterday. I had some good conversation with some of our senior parishioners. I always enjoy that. I learn about family histories, I learn about what they think about whatever is going on in the church, the community and the world. I try to never over-stay my welcome when I go. 30 minutes to an hour is what I try to limit my visit to. I always close my visit with a prayer and it does me good and it does them good. It’s a win-win all the way around. I generally \go visit folks once a month. I think that is enough. 

I need to put together my shopping list together and go “see my peeps” at the local Walmart market. Kate was going to have milk last night but it had turned. Then this morning she ran out of half and half for her coffee. That make the trip an emergency. LOL. I also need to throw my butane canister in the trunk and get it filled. I have two  and have been working on the “extra” can for some time now. I don’t want to get in the middle of a grilling session and the flames run out. Spring and grilling weather is on the horizon. In fact, I may throw some burgers on the grill yet this afternoon. I can fill a couple of the bird feeders while I’m grilling.

So, having said all of that, it is time to get busy. Tomorrow is the Sabbath. Please take the time to go to your house of worship and join other in giving God praise for bringing you through the week. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment