Tuesday, April 12, 2022

 Hello Tuesday! It’s nice to see you because for once we don’t have rain —- YET!!! And it is a warm day, supposed to go up to around 75 today. It is cloudy and my Accuweather says a storm is coming through around 1100 this morning. I reckon we’ll see what happens. I think we have a pick-up order from Sam’s today and I need to go to the churches and run some bulletins again. I need to pick up a case of 11 x 17 copier paper for one of the churches so I can make big bulletins, and Sam’s is the best place to get it, and the drive through shopping is the way to handle it. A case of that paper is heavy and this way I only have to handle it once. 

How was your weekend? We had a good weekend. I got my mowing and trimming done in the front yard and some weeds pulled. The yard looked great for Palm Sunday. We also got to one of the cemeteries and put flowers on my parent’s graves. We still have to go to another cemetery and put flowers on all of Kate’s family headstones. 

Sunday was a real joy. We had services of course and being Palm Sunday, the kids were really cute with the Palm frond waving. It does my heart good to see all of those youngsters coming up to the  front of the church for the “Children’s Moment” portion of the service. We suddenly have a about a dozen youngsters ranging in age from 12 down to new born. The church of the future looks good at my St. Paul’s church. St. Lucas, on the other hand, is now the church with only a couple of kids. But it vacillates back and forth; always has, always will as the generations grow. 

The best part of Sunday for me  was that we had an infant baptism at St. Paul’s. I have said many times that infant baptisms are one of the most blessed things that I get to do \in my job. There is just something so pure about parents bring their child for dedication to God. I think it is th level of trust that is expressed or maybe even unspoken between the parents and God that they are now entrusting a shared raising of the child. Many churches do not do infant baptism but rather wait until the individual is old enough to make the decision on their own as to whether they will be baptized or not. 

Yesterday I had lunch with the new pastor of my home church and got to meet with him and learn something about him. He seems like a nice guy and he young so he should connect with the “50 and under” members of the church. I pray for him and his family that this will be a good fit for all concerned. Zoar Church has been needing a “settled pastor” for the past seven years but has been having interim pastor’s, including me, while they searched. So, I really hope this was God’s answer. 

Ms.Kate and I have to sit down and map out our trip for our vacation starting next week. So far, we don’t know when we are leaving or for sure when we are getting back home. And —- we only have a vague idea of where we are going.  Our plan is to drive the Great River Road along the Mississippi River from St. Louis, MO to New Orleans, LA and then over to Biloxi, MS. But the maps are not all that clear when you start following “state roads” instead of Interstates. But, it is going to be just a “meandering road trip”, as we indulge ourselves in a little bit of Americana. My only worry is the weather and probability of spring storms. So far, most of the bad spring storms this year have gone right through that area. Pray for us please. 

That’s it for today. Have a wonderful day. Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment