Monday, April 25, 2022

 Good morning as we start as new week. I predict it is going to be a good week just because I want it to be a good week. I have that power, you know! Well, at least for me. I mean, no one wants to start out thinking that "this week is going to really suck!" I believe we control our own destiny much by our outlook on life. Everything else then is up to God. Maybe some bumps will come along and that's okay. I've never been on a completely smooth road. I've been on a lot of road that looked smooth but then you hear the constant "bump-bump" as you drive along over the pavement sections. And sometimes that's the way life is; full of little nuance "bump-bumps". Just keep your eyes on the horizon. That's where the journey is taking you and where God's reward lies. ----- (Well that got deep in a hurry, didn't it?)

In the mean time, --- it is a sunny warm morning here in Biloxi, MS. Our room is on the 19th floor overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. We have a very nice room and I'm on my third Keurig cup of coffee so far. So far my morning has been a lazy "sit and read Facebook posts and play Criminal Case on my IPad" type of morning. I'm also enjoying watching all of he small boats heading out on the water. I assume it is people going out for a little fishing. Most of them appear to be personal pleasure boats, not commercial fishing or charter. A couple of trips go down here I went on a charter fishing boat right out there where I'm looking. I was really surprised when the boat only went out maybe a half mile and stopped. The water was only about twenty feet deep. I was used to New England charter fishing where we went out about twenty miles and fished at 300 feet deep where we caught large cod etc. So, fishing out here in the Gulf was a disappointment. Yes, I caught lots of fish, but I have no idea what I was catching. They were all "small". We were only out for a couple of hours and when we came back in, I gave all of my fish to one of the other passengers because I was in a hotel with no ability to do anything with them. The fellow was very happy with me because he was a local. 

We had lunch yesterday at the buffet and it was really good food. We had tried to go to the Beignet Café but there was an hour wait. So we decided to come to the resort, check our luggage with the bellhop and have lunch while we waiting for hotel check-in time. As Ms. Kate said, we have now satisfied all of our "southern cooking" food requirements. We've had fried chicken, oysters, beignets, red-beans and rice, gumbo, corn-bread, catfish, and crème broulet (sp). 

Time to go downstairs and maybe go to the snack  bar. I'm thinking an egg sandwich for breakfast this morning. Have yourself a wonderful day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment