Thursday, April 7, 2022

 What a wonderful thing to wake up to sunshine this morning as opposed to another cloudy rainy day. And the temperature is 50 degrees so that is good. It is only going up another couple of degrees today ut that’s all good. We will enjoy it while we can before the rain sets back in this afternoon. 

We closed out our Bible study last evening. We went a little long but much of that had to do with the sharing of the unleavened bread  and discussions over that. The scripture we covered last evening was Mark 15 and 16, Good Friday and the resurrection. People asked a lot of questions and we had good discussion. I’m sure that there are better people to answer the questions than me but I think we worked through the answers quite well. There are several topics that I would love to do either a book study or a Bible study on. Finding the time is the hard part. People have such busy lives. I hate to sometimes interrupt them. But, we will see what we can come up with. 

Our unleavened bread was better this time since I didn’t use the whole wheat flour but used all-purpose flour instead. This isn’t something that I’ll make again but it was fun to try and I think everyone enjoyed the experience. We talked about the customs surrounding the whole thing and how it tied back to our faith history. 

We have a few places to go today, or this afternoon anyway. I have to go over to pastor Art’s house and drop off a Bible that I’m giving as a gift to one of the Zoar confirmands. The young man has asked Art to be his sponsor this Sunday at his conformation. That is quite an honor. It tells me that Pastor Art has made an impression on the young man. I can’t think of anyone  better than Art. Heck, I consider him to be my mentor which is basically the same thing. 

I need to fill some feeders again today. Between the “flying pigs and the fuzzy tailed rats, they have cleaned out a couple. I also have to cut my asparagus and spread some Epson Salt on my flowerbeds and garden. It sweetens the soil or growth. Ms. Kate says I can put it on everything except the Azaleas. They take a more acid soil. What do I know? \I just do what she asks. LOL

Have a great Thursday. I hope you get a chance to get out and enjoy the sunshine while you can. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment