Monday, April 4, 2022

 Monday morning and it’s raining and 45 degrees. The bad news is that the forecast for the weeks says that this will be a recurring forecast for several days, on and off, so we might as well get used to it. April showers bring may flowers so it is said. 

Can you believe that this Sunday will be Palm Sunday and the next week is Easter? That’s coming up quickly isn’t it? But, —- I’m excited about Palm Sunday because we are doing an infant baptism at one of my churches. I love doing infant baptisms. It is one of my favorite things I get to do as a pastor. Dedicating a child to God is an awesome responsibility. I’m glad to say that the parents are eager to have it done too. When the parents take this ceremony seriously, there is a greater chance that they will follow up on their promises they make during the ceremony. 

Church was “thin” yesterday at both churches. I don’t know what was going on that pulled folks away but we had a good service for those that did attend. And of course we put it on You Tube and Facebook so people can tune in and catch it later. And many do that. But actually being there for the service gives a person a sense off community that they cannot get while sitting on their couch at home. Beside, I miss them when they aren’t there. I am so very, very blessed to be able to pastor these two churches. I’ve often expressed that it was my initial desire a young person to be a “Minister”. God had other plans for how I would achieve that. Instead of being “The Minister” , God has allowed me to become a pastor who gets to minister. There is such a difference in the definitions and as a young person looking “for a position of importance”; I’m allowed to be a servant and walk with folks through their faith journey and bring God’s word and help provide some understanding. We learn from each other.. It’s a great way to spend my life. 

I guess since it is going to rain on and off , I’ll get busy writing again, seems like the thing to do. I was hoping to get back out in my flowerbeds today. I sent a couple of hours pulling weeds on one side of the front flowerbeds yesterday but I have so much to do. I was pulling some weed that I call a “pop-weed” because when you touch then they pop their seeds off and you get more. Yea!!!! I don’t want to simply hit them with the weed eater because that would not get rid of them. So, I was pulling them as best as I can yesterday. I should have put down some Preen where I had been and turned up the soils a bit but I didn’t. Maybe between rain showers today I can go out there and put some down.. 

That’s all for today. I pray you will have a great Monday and indeed a great week. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment