Thursday, April 28, 2022

 Thursday Morning and we are home from vacation. We did a 12 hour straight-shot drive from Biloxi to home yesterday. It made for a long tiring day and we are still stiff and sore this morning even after a wonderful night’s sleep in our own bed. Resorts are nice and all but there is nothing like your own bed, is there. ? The drive was fine; there worst part was getting into Nashville at 5:30 traffic time. But —- for once it wasn’t pouring down rain. The last couple of time we made that drive, it poured on us all the way through Alabama and Tennessee. But yesterday was a lovely travel day. 

We got home at 8:30 pm, got most of the car unloaded, will finish that this morning and get the laundry going. Then we flopped down in our recliners and watched a couple of television shows and went to bed around 10:30. Ms. kate was up at 0600 and I got up at 7:15. Neither of us is moving very fast so far today. 

I’m looking around at my yard and it is a holy mess. The yard needs cutting, the raised beds are full of weeds that need to be pulled. The Backyard Buffet is mostly empty and I have some more sticks and stuff in the yard to pick up before I mow. It is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow which means I need to get as much of it done today as I can. So much for relaxing. I have grown less and less fond of traveling because this is what you come home to. But —- all of that aside, it was a nice vacation and we got to see parts of the country that we would never have seen had we stuck to the Interstates and not taken all of those backroads along the Mississippi River and through the state of Mississippi on the way from Vicksburg to Biloxi. Backroads were not an option for the return home trip. We got on I-65 at Mobile Alabama and got off of it in Nashville. 

I guess I better get cleaned up and put on my work clothes and get this day really started. I also need to take Ms. Kate t\o get her glassed fixed again. The nose piece has come off once again so she getting a tender spot on the bridge of her nose and of course not seeing well out of crooked glasses. And, we’ need to pick up some groceries and maybe even make a run to Sam’s Club. Too much to do. 

Have yourself a very blessed day. Smile at a stranger today. You just might be the best thing to happen to them all day. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment