Friday, April 15, 2022

 Good morning on this sunny, cool, Good Friday morning. I think we are in for a pretty nice day. It is currently 57 degrees and is supposed to go up another 11 degrees. I’ll take that any day of the week. 

How’s your day going? Are you settling in for a weekend of having company or are you going to be someone’s company? Julie, Jim and the pups are coming over sometime tomorrow sometime. They will leave after lunch on Sunday. She is bringing over a pork loin already “pulled” and ready to eat. She’s bringing both BBQ sauce. And pork gravy to go on it. I’ll jump on the gravy along with my mashed taters. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Kate’s going to make a strawberry pretzel salad as well as the potatoes and we’ll get some of our corn out of the freezer and maybe some baby limas to go with it all.  Sounds good to me!

We had a really nice Maundy Thursday worship service last night. It was very well attended and all of the readers and the choir did a great job. We closed the service with Holy Communion and folks left in silence. We had the church open all night for anyone that desired to come and pray. I do this in remembrance of the words of Jesus; “Can you not watch even one hour?” That he asked of his disciples in the garden of Gethsemane. I don’t know if anyone came back or not. It went until 0900 this morning. 

Ms. kate and I are headed to the grocery store today. We went to Rulers (a version of Kroger) yesterday and got milk, creamer, and eggs because Ms. Kate likes to get that stuff there. I suspect we will be at Walmart Neighborhood store today. I need to fill my gas tank on the Prius and can do that there. Then we are going to the cemetery to finish decorating the family stones. By this afternoon it should be warm enough to do that comfortably. If the wind doesn’t kick up, it will be a really pleasant day. 

That should wrap up our day. I’ll probably work on doing a little writing this evening. While I watch television. I hope you have a blessed Easter. Please attend your house of worship. This weekend is all about what the creator of the universe and everything there-in has done for you, just because He loves you that much. Go and give God praise. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment