Friday, November 5, 2021

 Happy weekend, I hope you are having a great Friday and have a fun weekend planned. It’s a brisk but sunny 38 degrees outside and the feeders have lots of guests at them. The better news is that the temperature is going to keep climbing back up to “normal” for the coming week so we’ll be seeing 60 degree temps again.

Last night I fixed us a pot of “steel-cut” oats to have for breakfast this morning. They were really good and they do a good job of warming up the tummy. I had too much liquid on them though. The directions call for 4 cups of water to 1 cup of grain. But I deviated from the cooking instructions. You are supposed to bring the water to a boil and then put the oats in and turn on low heat and cook for thirty minutes. But, Julie says to boil the water, dump in the oats, stir, cover and remove from the heat and let them sit over night. That’s what I did.. Maybe next time I’ll use three cups of water instead of four. We chefs play with our recipes don’t you know. Bwahahahahha. 

I have a couple of counseling sessions going on this afternoon. I enjoy those. Actually, the first one isn’t so much counseling as just going over what my part is going to be in their wedding. They are getting married in her church and she is Catholic. I don’t know if he is gong to change over to Catholic faith or not. Bless him if he does, as long as they keep God as the center of their marriage, I don’t care what church they attend. 

Julie is coming down this weekend. She has to help the manager of the University of Evansville bookstore with an event this evening. She was just up in Indianapolis two days ago doing the same thing. That girl keeps herself too darn busy. It’s no wonder her immune system suffers a lot. Unfortunately, all of our girls are “work-a-holics”. Any way, she’ll be here this evening and work at the college. Then she will spend tomorrow with us visiting and then head home on Sunday because she has some more research to do for for her college class. She is down to just a couple of called until she receives her Bachelor’s  Degree. Ya’ see what I mean ——- a workaholic. 

That’s it for today my friends. I pray you have a wonderful weekend. I pray you will take the time out and observe a Sabbath with the Lord God who has provided your every blessing this week. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment