Thursday, November 18, 2021

 Good morning my friends. It is a sunny 41 degrees out this morning but the sun is shining brightly. Unfortunately the sun isn’t going to help much as the temperature is only going to go up another maybe five degrees. I’m glad that I went out and did some yard work yesterday because today is going to be a busy day and yesterday was 70 degrees instead of 45. 

Yesterday I did get on the John Deere’s and mowed one last time and mulched up the leaves. I went over to neighbor Dan’s and did his front yard too. His maple tree had started shedding its leaves and their yard was pretty thick with leaves. We had a lot of wind yesterday and we also had rain last night. This morning it is hard to tell I did anything over there and his tree is now at least 60% empty. He’ll be back from vacation next week so the leaves are all his to deal with. It’s time for me to put the little JD in my yard barn and then change out the mower deck for the snow blade on the big JD. I always tell myself that if I put the blade on, maybe I won’t have too use it, but if I don’t put it on, it will snow like crazy. I think of it as a snow preventer not a snow remover. LOL

This morning Ms. Kate and I have to go to the churches and run the bulletins. I think I’ll run this weeks and next weeks since I have them both ready to print. Next week is Thanksgiving week and there will be enough going on that it would be one less thing to worry about. I left my truck up there Sunday so we’ll bring it back home today. Then this afternoon I have to take the Prius to the dealership for its 25,000 mile servicing. It’s really a great little car. I get 55 mpg with it which is phenomenal. My truck is lucky to give my 19 mpg but it is my baby. I love my truck. LOL It is a 2008 and I only have less than 50,000 miles on it. I think the neighbors have used it more this year than I have. They have a kid that moved into a college Odem so they have borrowed it a few times. It looks as good as the day I drove it off of the sales lot back in 2008. 

Once I get the Prius serviced maybe I’ll still have time to go to the grocery store. If not, tomorrow is another day although it is scheduled to be a busy one too starting with another doctor’s appointment for Ms. Kate first thin in the morning. But, we have to get to the grocery soon. Thanksgiving is exactly one week from today. Wow! Did I just say that?? Suddenly it seems to be rushing up on me. 

I guess I better get changed and get ready for my day. Have a wonderful day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment