Friday, November 26, 2021

 Thanksgiving has officially come and gone; can you believe it? We are four days from it being December and 35 days from it being 2022. But God has blessed us with a much better and more normal year than we had last year so I give God praise and gratitude for that. Well, I say it was normal, but I guess what I mean is that it was more normal for me and my family. It is sometimes hard to look out side our little bubble and see what is going on in the rest of the world. Yes, people are still dying from COVID in this country and around the world. But I don’t really know what is happening with COVID in the rest of the world because it has become “old news” and back-page news. I know that my grandson’s fiance grandmother just died of “COVID but then she was in her 90’s sos that wasn’t necessarily a COVID death but because she had some of the symptoms, it gets listed that way. 

Did you eat lots and lots yesterday? We had a great meal but we didn’t really “over indulge”. We had our turkey, we had our dressing and the other required stuff. We forgot the mashed potatoes until we were getting ready to sit down but figured out that we didn’t really need them. We didn’t starve for lack of mashed potatoes. Beside, we’ll probably have some today before the day ends. I know we will be having turkey for sure. The bird turned out very well. It was really moist and juicy. 

Jim will be heading back home today but Jules is staying until Sunday. I don’t know if he is taking the pups with him or not. He brought the big Christmas tree up from the storage room yesterday afternoon. I will rearrange the living room today and put that together. We went out Friday and bought another tree to put in the sun porch. It is a little shorter at six and a half ft and sits in a pot and is “flocked. It’s a nice tree and frankly looks good with no decorations on it. 

This afternoon I have to go to the church and pick up my robe and stole for the wedding and then go to the wedding rehersal . Tomorrow is the wedding at 1400 and will take a few hours of the day. I’m just giving the homily for the wedding and the Priest is doing the rest of the service. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day for the wedding albeit cold. 

So, that’s about it for today. Have a wonderful weekend. You can get your house decorated for Christmas now and turn on the Christmas carols. I just put a Mannheim Steamroller album on. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment