Monday, November 8, 2021

 Okay, the weekend is over. Back to work. We can’t have any of this lazing around and enjoying life stuff, can we?? —— Well of course we can. In fact I plan to do some lazing around my self today. It is going to be 70 degrees and I plan to do some yard work today that needs to be done that I have been putting off because of this or that reason, mostly weather related. But today promises to be a perfect day. But, somehow I don’t think it is going to meet the “lazy” criteria. But it will be relaxing, at least by the time I plant my butt in my recliner sometime this afternoon, I’ll relax for sure. 

How was your weekend. Ms. kate and I had a good one. She is feeling better. The antibiotics have kicked in and most of the pain she has been feeling has dissipated. She still has the nausea, but I think that is mostly reaction to the antibiotics. And, if she sits very long, she has to go lay down and stretch out because she starts to cramp up. But, she is so much better than she was. Today is her last day of antibiotics. Now we wait for the two ultrasounds that she has to have. Maybe by then we can find out what is really going on with her. We know it is diverticulitis, but there is the possibility that there may be something else in the works. 

But, Julie came down this weekend and spent Friday night through Sunday morning with us. Ms. kate and Julie made two apple pies, and they are delicious. One is already gone of course and the other has a dent in it. I can’t imagine what happened there. I’d say maybe a mouse got to it but I’ve never seen a mouse cut a perfect wedge out of a pie like that. Hmmmmm. What can I say, pies are made to be eaten and I follow the rules. 

We had good fairly good attendance at the churches yesterday. It was really good at St. Paul’s\, we served communion to 32 folks at St. Paul’s. It is so good to see the attendance growing like that and it is especially good to see so many young children in the church. The cycle has come around at that church and a new generation is coming along, and we have two more babies on the way. Attendance at St. Lucas was good, but could be better We only served about 37 for communion at St. Lucas. I can think of at least 15 people that were out yesterday for one reason or another. But, we take what we get and I am grateful for each one that shows up. I just have to always remind myself that it isn’t about me and it isn’t about the numbers. It’s about serving those who do come, and praying for those who do not. Heck, Ms. Kate hasn’t been in maybe six weeks because of her health. And I have a few others that are sick too. 

Do you realize that we are only about six weeks from Christmas??  I was working on my schedule last night and wow, We need to get the churches decorated, probably on the 21st because Thanksgiving is the following Thursday and the first Sunday of Advent is the following Sunday. And I have a wedding to prepare for the Saturday after Thanksgiving; and Ms. Kate and I hope to be leaving for Myrtle Beach SC on the 1st of December to spend a few days with Lisa and all of her family. So, I have to prepare sermons and bulletins ahead of time so we can do that. Ms. Kate has been busy making the Christmas cards and has about 85 of them made. I’ll need to sit and address all of those and get them ready to go in the mail. Thank goodness people don’t do the family brag letters anymore or I would have that to do. I promised myself that I would write a dialogue Christmas reading this year for use at the churches but I haven’t even begun on that. Stuff to do, stuff to do. 

But first, I have coffee to drink and Backyard Buffet guest to watch on this beautiful morning. Have a great week. Peace. 














No comments:

Post a Comment