Thursday, November 4, 2021

 Happy Thursday. It is a feel-good morning, at least while I’m inside. It’s still freezing temperatures outside. But the sun is shining brightly, the leaves are falling from the trees in my yard so I have some more raking to do. I may mow the front yard one more time before I ask Jim to swap the mower deck for the snow blade. My trees out back are probably 60% nude now. I can always tell that the leaves are dropping because the afternoon sun gets in my eyes if I am sitting out there. During the summer that isn’t a problem because there are so many big trees surrounding my yard that it is hard for the sun to get through. 

I’m about 3/4th finished with my sermon for the 14th of November. I want to finish that up this morning while the thoughts are still juicing in my head. This afternoon I need to clean out the garden and get it winterized. The tomatoes need to be pulled up and the okra too. That’s going to fill up my garbage can quickly and I just got it emptied this morning. Gotta do, what I gotta do though. Just because it is 32 degrees out does not mean there is no yard work to do. Although ——- if I let it go for a bit, the cold and frost with dry out the plants and take up a lot less space in my cans. That’s something to consider. See how easy it is to justify not doing something. I just walked myself out of some work today. What a lazy butt I am sometimes. Of course I can also justify it by reminding myself that they weather is going to get even better for next week when the temperatures will rebound to the low to mid 60’s. Oh, this is just too easy. LOL

Ms. Kate seems to be feeling a bit better again this morning. It kind of goes that way. She’s better this morning but it is time for her to go lay down and stretch her tummy out. But she did have a bagel with peanut butter and a banana on it this morning so that is a major improvement. As she is getting better, it sounds like several others of my family are coming down with the flu or something that sounds like the flu. Youngest daughter Lisa is off work and sick with it and you gotta know she is really miserable because she never takes off work. Son-in-law Jim is home sick with the same symptoms, and no they don’t live anywhere close to each other so they didn’t contaminate each other. 

Tine for me to clean up and get the day going. I hope you can get out and enjoy the day and the sunshine. Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment