Wednesday, November 10, 2021

 57, (now that’s more like it,) degrees outside this morning. And it is going up to 70 again today. I have rearranged my plans for today so that I can be home and get back out in my garden and flowerbeds. I was supposed to go do a visitation today but I begged off and will do it tomorrow. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain all morning and clear off in the afternoon, but get cold again. That’s not good gardening weather but it is fine for visitations. 

Ms. Kate and I “did a thing” yesterday morning. We had a couch in our bedroom that we are giving away to St. Vincent de Paul charities. She and I had moved it into the bedroom several years ago and it was a bear to do it. We’ve been talking about how we were going to get it back out of there for a couple of weeks now and the pick up day is approaching. I think the guys that are coming to get it would have moved it but as tight of a squeeze as it is, I’m not sure. Besides, Ms. kate said she didn’t want any strangers in her bedroom. So, that meant either she and I try it or I wait until my son-in-law Jim could come over from New Albany. Julies had offered to help this past weekend but with her severe RA, no way were we going to allow that. So, —- Mr. and Mrs. Stubborn took on the job yesterday morning by ourselves. It took a while and it took a lot of \grunting and finagling, but we managed to get it to the front door hallway. We felt quite accomplished and have decided to call ourselves “The Old Fart Moving Company”. LOL  Of course we weren’t worth a crap for the rest of the day. 

After the couch move we needed to go to Office Depot. Kate wanted to have a self inking stamp made to stamp “Hand Crafted by Kathy” on the back of all of these cards she makes. We were happy to find out that they can make them right there in the store and it only took about 30 minutes. So we shopped around and I tried out all of the office chairs while we waited. It was a good deal. 

Then, believe it or not, we actually went out for lunch. Keep in mind that this is the first time Ms. Kate has been anywhere except for a doctor’s office in about a month. Granted, she has gone on a quick trip \when we would order food out and go pick it up and go right back home. But — we actually went to Logan’s Roadhouse and went inside and had our meal. It’s been five or six weeks since we have actually “gone out” to eat. It felt wonderful. The take away from that story is that Ms. Kate is feeling that much better and is, (I hope) back to normal. All praise to God. Now we wait for the two ultrasounds to be done. The antibiotics seemed to have done the trick for her though. 

So, after all of those good things yesterday, I went downstairs to my office and I got some good work done down there too. So, all in all, Tuesday was an excellent day. I hope yours was too. Now, I need to get out of my pajamas and into my jeans and get outside. Daylight is burning and during this time of the year it burns quickly. 

Have a blessed day. Peace.  











No comments:

Post a Comment