Monday, November 29, 2021

 Wow, one more day of November; can you believe that?? It has started off as a cold one this morning. It was 21 degrees when I came out to get my coffee this morning. Any Backyard Buffet guests that are out there are all fluffed up to keep warm. Squirrels that were “slim” yesterday are fat dudes this morning, or at least they look that way. Cardinals and other birds too are fluffed out when they are sitting on the branches. The only guys that are not that way were the wrens because I don’t think they ever stop and just sit. 

The weekend is gone. The first Sunday of Advent has come and gone and it was a well attended service at both churches. Julie and Jim have gone home and life is back to a quiet normal around here. And —- the house is warmer because since the dogs are gone we don’t have to leave the doors to the sun porch open. That area is unheated and it does get rally chilly out there. I don’t mind it so much but Ms. Kate says that she is always cold. So, she should be much more comfortable now. 

We are supposed to be going on vacation this week but we are not actually “going” anywhere. Kate has a doctor’s appointment tomorrow morning and may have a follow-up later in the week so we are staying home. I’m still gong to take next Sunday off as a vacation Sunday. The churches had already made the arrangements for a guest pastor so I decided to just take the Sunday off. Depending on how the doctor’s appointments go, we may take a daytime road trip or two. We’ll just have to see how everything plays out.  The weather is supposed to be excellent all week so we could actually take a trip if we are able to do so. 

I participated in a nice wedding on Saturday. The service was at a Catholic Church and it was a beautiful sanctuary indeed. They have renovated it during the COVID year, They have replaced all of the old wooden flooring with marble flooring, repainted everything, put in new LED lighting  and it is really bright. I can’t begin to imagine what all of that must have cost. But, what I didn’t feel was the “warmth” that I feel when I go into my two little country churches. It was very, what I call “tall-steeple” church. The money was obvious, the love —-maybe not so much. But I’m sure their parishioners love their church as much as our parishioners love our churches. 

I don’t know if \any of you have Discovery Plus on your television sets, but we do, I love many of the shows thy have on there and my subscription gives me no commercials during my shows. They break their shows down by genre and one of the genres that I love is “animals and wildlife” documentaries. I started watching one last night called “Serengeti II” and it is excellent. A couple of years ago they had the first one simply called “Serengeti” and I have loved watching that one several times. The documentary covers a year in the life of several species of animals; elephants, cheetah, leopards, lion, baboon\. It is narrated by Lapita Nuongo, a wonderful actress from Africa. If you get a chance to watch it, I highly recommend it. 

I guess that is it for today. I think we are going to get ready and maybe go to Sam’s Club today. Ms. Kate wants to get some gift cards today and that is a great place to get them for a little better price. Of course while we are there, I’ll sneak in a package of cherry turnovers. 

So, enjoy your last two days of November and then jump right on to December. Give thanks to God for another month in which God blessed you and give thanks to God for giving you another month in which to do some great things. Peace my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment