Tuesday, November 2, 2021

 November 2nd. Good morning y’all. I just got home from the dentist office. Had to get my broken tooth fixed. It took longer than I expected it to but when you look at my teeth, you can’t tell which one he fixed which is good because there was a gap there before. So I’m glad that I can smile without scaring folks again. LOL

The good news is that we finally got the results back from the doctors and the radiologists. Ms. Kate has some serious diverticulitis. It was classified as “several instances of diverticulitis”. They had put her on two different medications and then in two weeks she has to go for both a pelvis and a kidney ultrasound. I don’t know what else they are looking for but the good news is that she does feel a bit better today. We’ll smile about that. This isn’t going to be a quick-fix by any means but at least she is on the right path now. 

The temps were right down there this morning at 40 degrees. We are under a light freeze advisory starting tomorrow night through the weekend. Night temperature are supposed to get down into the 30’s. Winter is giving us a taste what what to expect this year I reckon. As you know, I don’t mind the cold, I just don’t want snow and ice. It used to be fun, but not any more. But, the cold means that I have to get the patio plants in the house either today or tomorrow. I don’t mind except that they are heavy because we have had rain and the dirt in them is soaked. It means I also have to rearrange the sun porch area. There is always a chore to be done. 

I got a good start on the service for the 14th of November last night. I had a hard time getting started but I think it is going to work out fine. I need to make some parishioner phone calls today and i also need to send my October mileage to the treasurer of each church. I also have some other church business to take care of today so it is going to be a busy one. Tomorrow I’ll go up to the churches and run the bulletins. Friday I have to go up for a marriage counseling session with a young couple that is getting married at the end of the month. It’s all part of the job and I love it. I’m happy to say that of all of the weddings that I have performed, only one didn’t last, and I admit that I had doubts about that one going in. But I’m getting to baptize the babies of some of my couples now and that is a wonderful thing. It is always a wonderful thing to see couple keep their promises to each other and to God. 

I guess I better stop here and fix lunch for Ms. Kate and me. My lip and gum is about fully de-numbed from the dentist so I don’t have to worry about biting my lip. Have a pleasant day, The sun is shining and The Son is watching over you. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment