Saturday, November 20, 2021

 Happy cold Saturday morning to you. I’m sitting at the kitchen table loking out at my neighbor’s maple tree. Just a few days ago I took a picture from my seat, through my kitchen window of that tree. It was a beautiful fall picture and the leaves were full on the tree and were a beautiful orange and gold. Today, there are hardly any leaves left on it. That tree made the best out of fall and then dropped its leaves and is ready for winter. I had gone over and mulched up Dan’s leaves while I was out doing mine. Now you can’t tell I was ever there. It’s not terrible outside this morning but is 41 degrees and you wouldn’t want to stand out there in your skivvies. 

We started out yesterday like we seem to do many days now, with a doctor’s appointment for Ms. Kate. But this was a “routine” annual appointment for a Doppler test to check her arterial blood flow. Last year she showed about 40% blockage which the doctor says is still okay. They don’t seem t get worried until you go above 60%. We haven’t heard yet about yesterday’s test, I don’t know if she can go on “My Chart” to find out or not. I need her to check on that. She doesn’t have a follow-up appointment until I think early December. 

Yesterday afternoon we each spent some time straightening out our areas. Kate has finished making all og her Christmas cards (I think) and now has to find a place to put all of her stuff away. She moves a bunch of it out into the family room so she can watch television while she works and has stuff spread across the couch and the floor etc. It works alright for when it is just her and I because we can walk around it, but Julie, Jim, and the pups are coming over next week so she needs to try to get it in her office. She has so much stuff for her various crafts that I think I bed to build a 20’x40’ extension on the house. LOL. That might hold most of it. But, she does beautiful work so I can’t complain.. Besides —— have you been in my garage????? That’s where I started yesterday. I first of all went out back and cleaned up my little storage shed so I could move some of my stuff back out there where it belongs; yard tools and stuff. During the spring through fall period, I just put stuff in the garage as I use it so it is handy. I also have to tackle my big yard barn so I can get the little JD in there for the winter. I think that is going to be at least a two day effort. 

But now, I need to put it away, partly because a certain short person who lives here insists on putting up Christmas trees  and they are in a storage area in the garage that I can’t get to yet. So, I spent a good deal of time \clearing the area and carrying stuff around the house to the back yard. I’ll be spending a good deal of time out there again today. I know Christmas trees are nice when they are put up and decorated and all, but I don’t get it. I’d set a ceramic tree on the coffee table and call it done. Somebody though has boxes and boxes, and boxes of ornaments, many of which she has made, and each one is her favorite, and she wants the trees, (yes, plural) put up so she can decorate them. They will be up for a month and then I have to put it all away again. (SIGH!!!) Except for Julie and Jim and two dogs, it’s not like anybody is going to come to our home and see them. Oh well, —- it keeps me off of the streets and out of the bars. LOL

Enough foolishness for today. I pray you will have a wonderful and faith-filled weekend. Take time to give thanks for another week of blessings no matter what kind of week you had. God did more for you than you know. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment