Tuesday, June 15, 2021

 Good Tuesday afternoon from Branson, MO. I'm just going to jot a few notes while we are "between events" on this vacation. Right now the house is empty except for Ms. Kate and me. Everyone else is out and about at parks and trails, and museums and shopping. Grandma and I are enjoying the peace and quiet  and she just finished making the German Potato Salad for tonight's dinner. It was requested by a couple of the family members. 

Sunday morning we started off with me and all of the granchildren and great grandchildren making breakfast of "Papa-Cakes,, breakfast sausages, scrambled eggs and fresh fruit.  I divided the grand kids up into teams and gave them each assignments. Some made the eggs, others, cut up the fruit, three of them were assigned duty of making "Lego waffles" (yes, I have a waffle maker that makes waffles that look like Lego Blocks, and yes, you can build with them,) and a couple of the guys were in charge of mixing up the Krusteze batter for the pancakes and waffles. It was a great time and I'm sure brought back fun memories of their earlier times with Grandma and Papa. For the great hrandchildren, it was an introduction to a family tradition. 

Thank goodness the Walmart is only about five minutes down the road because they have made a dozen trips down there for "I forgot to bring" items. But, there is a lot, I mean "a lot" of food and snackss around here.

Sunday night we celebrated Granddaughter Amanda and her fiance's engagement. Two of her aunts threw her a surprise "engagement shower". It was abeautiful gesture on their part and Amanda was so thrilled and I think so was Bryan; although he's a "guy" so who knows. 

That's it for today. I am so very greatful for God for the blesssings of this week. If I do say so myself, I have a wonderful family and they all get along so very well. Everyone of them is a joy to be around. 

Have a blessed week; I certainly am. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment