Wednesday, June 9, 2021

 Nagging rain showers again this morning. Yuk. The rain is so lite that hearing it on the sunporch roof sounds like someone on old typewriter. Then it stops, —- then it starts. Just enough to keep things wet. But, the garden is loving it and so are my flowers. And  —- my backyard guests couldn’t care less, one way or the other. 

I don’t have much to talk about this morning. There’s not much happening in my world. I did get an email this morning from the property owners of the home we are going to rent starting Saturday afternoon, She sent me the entry code for the doors. As I told the girls this morning, you know you’re getting close when you get the entry code. Today between showers, I’ll pack some more stuff in the car. I haven’t packed my suitcase yet. Tomorrow we’ll do the laundry and some that will go in my suitcase and in Ms. Kates. The suitcases will be the last thing that gets put in, and there is no real rush to leave here on Friday morning. It’s only a six hour drive and I need to time my travel to avoid St. Louis rush hour traffic. We’ll stop in Springfield, MO for Friday night and will have all day to drive the 44 miles down to the property. All of the kids will be on the road on Friday except granddaughter Amanda and her fiancĂ© Bryan. They fly out Saturday morning. 

This afternoon I have an appointment with a plastic surgeon to look at my eyelids. My optometrist has recommended that I have them lifted because they sag over my vision. My sister has the same problem and called me a couple of weeks ago to see if I was going to have to have it done. She wants to see if it helps me before she does it. Chicken!!! It doesn’t bother me too often although sometimes I do have to reach up and pull it back into place. Just one of my perks for getting to live to be a senior citizen. LOL Today is just an evaluation appointment I think. Or maybe it is something that she can do right then and there. I don’t know. 

That’s it for today. God has given us another day to do something good. So, let’s be good to one another and that each other kindly. Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment