Friday, June 11, 2021

 Well the day has finally arrived. Ms. Kate and I are leaving for our family reunion vacation that has been six years in the making. This is the first time in six years that all of the family has been able to get together and six years since we have even seen some of them. Excited doesn’t even begin to express it. I have kids coming in from New Hampshire, North Carolina, California, Indiana, and Oklahoma and we’re all meeting in Branson, MO.  We actually meet tomorrow afternoon. Ms. Kate and I are heading over to Springfield, MO today and will spend the night. But the NH, NC, OK, & CA folks are all already on the road. Some are driving, others are flying. I’m very surprised that Ms. Kate and I slept last night but we or at least I got a really good might’s sleep. So, now, I’m doing this and Ms. Kate is on her computer doing last minute stuff. The car is packed and ready.

I was looking at some pictures last night on my computer and just realized that it was two years ago this week that I had my Achilles’ tendon removed. My recovery has been nothing short of a miracle. I was led to believe by my doctors that I would be in a brace for the rest of my life in order to walk because Achilles’ tendons do not regenerate. Well, through God’s miracle, mine has and I walk almost as good as I did pre-surgery. Yes, I get tired \much more quickly and can’t do the seven mile walks I was doing before but I haven’t been in a brace for at least a year. God is so good and miracles do happen. 

I don’t know how much blogging I’m going to get done for the next week. So, y’all have a great week. I certainly plan to. Peace. 






No comments:

Post a Comment