Thursday, June 24, 2021

 Hello there Thursday morning. It’s nice to see you come around again. Seems like it has been a week since I saw you last. 

We have another beautiful morning, (Thank you very much, Lord). However, today is going to be warmer than it has been in the last couple of days. But, it is summer after all and these last few days weather has been very rare for this time of year. We are supposed to be getting rain by this evening and then rain on and off for the next few days. The heat of the day will of course determine whether or not we have storms with the rain. We are in need of rain. We’ve been watering the garden and the potted plants that we have out on the patio. Yesterday I mixed up some |Miracle Gro solution and watered the garden plants. Things were really getting dry and some were wilting pretty badly. I’m going out and check them as soon as I finish this blog. But, I guess my tomatoes are loving this weather because they are starting to put on very nicely. I also need to pick the squash this morning. My peas have blooms on them but I haven’t seen any pods. My potatoes are looking like maybe it about time to dig them up. I think I told you that I planted some sprouting potatoes that we had around here just to see what they would do. Now it is time to check on them. 

The Pileated woodpeckers are back this morning. I can’t see them at the moment because I’m sitting at the  kitchen table, but I heard them them making their arrival announcement a few seconds ago. They always let you know when they are coming in because their song is very distinctive. So far this morning it has been mostly Bluejays, Red-Winged Blackbirds and cardinals at the Backyard Buffet. Not a bad combination. 

I need to open up the side panel on the fence and bring the big JD into the backyard and mow it. Of course, no worse than it looks, I could just take the weed eater around to the back yard and do some trimming. Then I need to take the little LT150 around to the garage and park it. It isn’t running well and I have the dealer coming to pick it up on Tuesday and take it away and fix it. It’s gaining to cast at least $350.00 to fix it but that’s still a lot cheaper than a new one. I might as well go over the front yard too while I’m at it. If it is going to rain for the next few days, I won’t get a chance to mow. I mowed it earlier this week and since it hasn’t rained, it hasn’t grown, but that’s okay. I like riding it. 

I’m half way through my 4th of July sermon. It will have to be a little shorter because that will be communion Sunday too. I’ll try to get that finished up this evening. Tomorrow, we are meeting Bob, Brenda and Andy for lunch. This is the first time we have been able to do that in months. Bob has had so very many health issues and it will be wonderful to see him out again. 

Tome to get busy my friends before it gets hot. Have yourself a pleasant day. Stop and give thanks to your Creator for another day of blessings. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment