Tuesday, June 29, 2021

 Good morning and a happy hot Tuesday. It’s gonna be another scorcher today. I got up early today so that I could go out and water my garden first thing before the sun started bearing down on us. My little garden will be happy. Now. We keep getting promises of rain but it either goes around us or dries up before it gets to us. Sunday several of my farmers asked me to pray for rain, as if my prayers are any better than theirs. But, I have prayed for rain. I pray that when the rain does come that it doesn’t come with a  strong storm and lay the corn over. We’ve seen that happen and when it does, the farmer loses the crop because the stalks don’t stand back up on their own. But the stalks are still growing and don’t have any ears on them yet so they aren’t as top-heavy. When I was a kid, farmers used to talk about their corn crop and would look for it to be “knee-high by 4th of July”. With today’s varieties and high yield stuff, it is only the 29th of June and the corn is already over my head. Amazing. 

I’m sitting here waiting for the guy from John Deere dealership to come and get my LT150. They said they would be here ”Tuesday morning”, without a specific time slot. I hate it when they give you “morning” or “afternoon” option because you end up sitting around, delaying other things while you wait on them. True —- they did say I could just park it out front and they would pick it up and I didn’t have to be here, but I don’t think that is a very good option. Anybody could come along and take it and I’d think the dealer picked it up. So, I’ll just stay here and wait. Besides, I want to make sure they understand exactly what I want done to it. (Yes, I know, I’m a control guy.)

I got a call from my Plastic Surgeon this morning to schedule my eye surgery. My eye lids are really sagging and it is affecting my peripheral vision and my night driving. The left one is worse than the right one but she is going too do them both. I’m having it done on the 9th of July. I was really surprised to be able to get it done that quickly, but a slot opened up at the surgery center so they grabbed it. I hope it doesn’t affect me too much because I need to be able to conduct my church service two days later. I’ll probably have some black eyes but as long as they aren’t bandaged, it will be no problem. I’ll just be glad to have it done and over with. 

This afternoon, Ms. Kate and I have some running around to do. It’s “ground chuck sale” day at Fresh market and we need to go pick some up. I also have to go by then University of Evansville Bookstore and pick up a sweatshirt that they are holding for me. And, I need to go by Pet Smart and pick up a couple of bags of Sunflower seed for my squirrels and birds. I have a $143.00 order coming in today by FEDEX from Wild Birds Unlimited that I placed yesterday. I have an expensive hobby don’t I?

Time to drop off and do a few things while I wait. I pray you will have aa wonderful day full of joy and laughter. Peace. 














No comments:

Post a Comment