Saturday, June 26, 2021

 Hot and steamy are the best words to describe today. There is a breeze and “Lake wind advisory” in effect though to fool you into thinking it is a beautiful day. And the sky is a bit overcast. So, all-in-all, I reckon it is an okay day. 

Out west in Monmoth, CA my granddaughter Lauren is on her MX Bike and is racing again today. I wish I were there to watch her. The last time I saw her race there was the weekend several years ago when she turned Professional. She’s had a lot of races under her belt since that day and has now been picked up by a professional racing team. She is the only woman on the Kilmarten Racing Team and she keeps the guys on their toes, and they make sure they take good care of her, It is a win-win situation for her, and the money isn’t bad. On her off time, she’s apparently one heck of a motorcycle mechanic. It isn’t the life I would have chosen for her, but it isn’t my job to run her life either. I’m very proud of her dedication to her sport. 

A week ago right now, Ms. Kate and I were about two hours from getting home from our vacation. It was such a wonderful vacation and was so great to get all of the family under one roof even if it were only for a few days. Our next vacation will be in the end of August when we go to Michigan for a military unit reunion. It will be good to see some of those guys again but it doesn’t come close to the family reunion.  After that our next vacation looks like it will be in January to Disney World’s Animal Kingdom. I’m excited about that because that has been on my bucket list for several years. That will still leave us one week of use or lose vacation time so I don’t know what we will do to use that. Maybe some week we can run down to Gatlinburg by ourselves and enjoy a little mountain air. I just don’t want to lose vacation again this year. I lost four of my five weeks last year. Not that it was anyone’s fault particularly, —- there was no where to go because everything was shut down due to COVID. 

Yesterday, we dig up a few of our potatoes, picked a few tomatoes, and cut the Swiss chard and had a delicious dinner. I certainly don’t have a big garden, but what I have has done fairly well. Ms. Kate and I also went to lunch with Bod and Brenda as we had planned. That was nice. Bob seemed to be doing better than he had been for quite awhile. 

That’s all I have for you today. I hope your weekend is blessed. Peace. 














No comments:

Post a Comment