Wednesday, June 23, 2021

 Good morning and welcome to Wednesday. It is promising to be another gorgeous day out side. It is currently 60 degrees, little to no wind, and a basically cloudless sky. Last night the weather folks said that a few clouds will be rolling in from the northwest by this afternoon. But, no rain is predicted until late tomorrow evening. 

Yesterday was beautiful and we took full advantage of it. Two of the azealeas out front had grown out of control and we could hardly see out the kitchen or dining room windows. So, I got out the hedge trimmer and went to work on them and cut them back to window-sill level. It really made a difference and it looks great from the street and yard. There are areas s of the bushes that look a bit naked at the moment but they will leaf back out. I always say that even a bad haircut will grow out. I need to put the decorative fencing back up but that won’t take too long. The only downside to the entire project is that my wrists and hands are really sore this morning. I’ve taken Tylenol a few moments ago and hope they kick in rather quickly. 

Today is going to be another busy one for us. We really need to go to pick up some groceries, not a lot, but  some of the basics like bread and stuff. I’d like to go down to Franklin Street this morning for breakfast at a place I just heard about called the Kite and Key. I saw them advertised the other evening on a local news show that promotes small businesses. They are open for breakfast and lunch every day and looks to be a quaint little place. Any place that specializes in serving breakfast is my kind of place. I love eating breakfast out. I know that is silly because we can easily fix breakfast around here, but there is just something about it that when we do go out for a meal, I like to go somewhere that I can get breakfast all day. We also need to go to the churches today and run our bulletins and get the pulpit set up for Sunday. I think we’ll pack along a picnic lunch to sit out under the tree at the edge of the parking lot and enjoy the beautiful day. Ms. Kate and I like to do things like that, we’re old folks but we like to “be young at heart”, and having a having a picnic lunch out under a shade tree, watching the crops grow and listening to the birds is just a pleasant way to enjoy the world and each other. 

Of all the things that a person can dream about and think about, I woke up this morning thinking about astrophysics. Now this is a topic I know absolutely nothing about, so why I would be thinking about earth rotations and universe rotations and planetary alignment is beyond me. But, it did cause me to pick up my IPad and and start “googling” questions. And while I found some answers, they now mean no more to me than they would have yesterday. I think that is what they call a “brain-fart”. 

My guests are happy in the Backyard Buffet this morning. They have plenty of food, and fresh water. First thing this morning I had my two Pileated Woodpeckers back for breakfast. I didn’t see them yesterday but I did har them. Perhaps it was because I was in the front of the house and most of the feeders are out back. I’ve had my pair of Bluejays here this morning too. It has been a blessed morning while I have my coffee. 

Time for me to wrap it up and get my day started. I hope you can take the time to enjoy this beautiful day and I hope it is a beautiful day wherever you are. Regardless, if you are reading this, God has allowed you to wake up today. How about giving a shout upstairs in gratitude for that blessing. Peace. 















No comments:

Post a Comment