Tuesday, February 23, 2021

 Coffee, orange juice, and a fried egg sandwich for breakfast. Who says I can’t cook?  What I find interesting about myself is that I love cereal, but I very, very seldom have cereal for breakfast. Cereal is my “go to” midnight snack. My perfect breakfast is what the family has always called “my big breakfast”. I want eggs, a meat, (not particularly bacon) biscuits white gravy, fried potatoes, juice and coffee. When we go out for breakfast I want it all. You can even throw in a small stack of pancakes. But, I am not good at fixing breakfast like Ms. Kate is. I don’t know how she gets everything done at the same time and nothing has gotten cold. I always amazes me. When I fix breakfast something always gets cold before I get the other stuff done. I like cooking on a griddle and I bought myself a Blackstone griddle last year. I just haven’t used it enough. Ms. Kate is never ready to eat a breakfast so it seems like a waste of time to get everything out, and carry it all outside to fix for just me, when I could just throw it in a skillet in the kitchen. I also like my sweets for breakfast. I go to Schnucks or to Walmart and I pick up either some donut twists or my favorite, cherry turnovers. I do love me some cherry turnovers. I’ll bet if I checked what kind of dough I need, I could make some cherry turnovers. I think all it would take is some crescent roll dough and some cherry pie filling and some granulated sugar on top. I need to Google that and give it a try. 

Can you believe it!! It is going to be 60 degrees today. The snow is really melting and should be almost all gone by the end of the day. It is currently 40 out there and even that is a blessing. I’m waiting for the snow to all let so I can check to see if my daffodils are coming up at all yet. I look forward to that every year. Most of the tie they come up and then we have another cold snap but it doesn’t seem to hurt the daffodils at all. I’m starting to get spring-fever and am anxious to get out there and clean up flowerbeds. But, I read an article the other day that said don’t start raking out the flower beds until you have at least five days in a row of 50 degrees or better. The reasoning is that many of the insects that are helpful to the plants are actually hibernating in the dried stalks and grasses. By raking it out early, you re just throwing away th every thing you may need to pollinate. That was all news to me. One is never too old to learn something new, and I got a lot of “learnin’ “ to do. 

I got some work done yesterday on my services and writing. I still have more to do for the 7th of March. I may do that tonight while I’m watching television. It felt good to be “back in the saddle” again and doing something creative. I’m changing up things a bit for this coming Sunday but the topic of the day is going to be God’s Grace. I don’t think a person can say enough about the grace that God provides us. I need to read my sermon over several more times to make sure I’m not giving myself more credit for this message than I should and that it says what I really want to say. I wrote this several weeks ago and have let it set. Sometimes I write them and then when I give them, they just don’t turn out to be as exciting as I think they should be. I always want my sermons to make an impact and give people something to take hoe with them and think about. But, while I love to write them and give them, I know I’m not the best presenter. Ms. Kate told me just last week that I “read” my sermon too much. But that has always been my style. I admire the guys and gals that can just get up there with an outline and have at it for thirty minutes and the congregation still wants more. But, that ain’t me. I just feel honored that God allows me to be a pastor at all. 

Time to color this one done. I pray you will have a blessed day. Never forget to stop and give thanks for thee bucket load of blessings that was waiting for you when you woke up this morning. Peace. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment