Friday, February 19, 2021

 Fourteen degrees this morning but the sun is shining brightly. The real feel temp is 22 It doesn’t happen often during the winter that the real feel is higher than the ambient. But, I’ll take it. 

I’m moving slow this morning. I spent hours outside again yesterday shoveling snow both by Hans and with the John Deere. I think I have spent at least ten hours this week chipping ice and shoveling snow, I’m getting too old for this crap. On the other hand, I give God praise and thanks that I am able to do it. And, Ibuprofen does help take the soreness away.  But my driveway looks great and is one of the few in the neighborhood that is cleared. I even got some of the street cleared. I just saw a mail truck go up the street with no problem and that’s partly due to me, thank you very much. . I have no idea how the local streets are and there is no way we will ever see a county truck come through here. A couple of years ago a fella who lives next door used to drive those trucks and would come through here. But he has changed departments and no longer drives them. I have a couple of UPS items that are scheduled to come today and now they can easily walk up my dry driveway and sidewalk and deliver them. 

Speaking of deliveries. I had to put in an order for more stuff from Wild Birds Unlimited yesterday. I spent $142.00 on food for my birds. I think I’m going to declare them as a business or as dependents on my taxes. They eat me out of house and home. LOL. I wonder if I could declare the Backyard Buffet as “non-profit”. 

I heard from my church council president that the farmers cleared the parking lot for my St. Lucas church so we can hold church service on Sunday. And I talked to a member of the St. Paul’s church who lives next door to that church that the driveway up to the church is clear although the parking lot is still a mess. Hopefully by Sunday we can get in there too. I’m planning on it anyway. Sunday it is supposed to be in the forties and believe it or not, next week is to be in the 50’s. It would be wonderful to think that the snow and ice is about done for the year. 

I may have to adventure out today and try to get to a grocery store. We don’t need much so it would be a “being nosey” trip as much as anything. I think I have a bit of “cabin fever”. 

That’s all for today. I pray you will have a safe weekend, that you have water and power, that you will stay in touch with the Lord God. Peace, my friends. 














No comments:

Post a Comment