Thursday, February 11, 2021

 It is 23 degrees and the world is a sheet of ice from where I sit. So, nope, I’m not walking outside. As I posted on Facebook, I’m too old and I heal slow. I remember my late brother-in-law, Byron (bless his heart) fell on the ice a year or so before he passed and cracked his head really bad. It took him forever to heal. I didn’t take my garbage can down to the street yesterday and I notice that the truck has not been by here yet today and I’d be surprised if they even try. Buying a house on a hill in a hilly subdivision wasn’t the smartest thing I ever did. Yes, it is beautiful when it isn’t iced over but times like now are no good. However, this will melt if the sun comes out. Thank goodness it isn’t snow. And thank goodness the ice isn’t heavy enough to take out the power. It wouldn’t be a big deal for us because we have a whole house generator that is connected directly to the gas line and kicks on automatically. Accuweather says that we (the area) will be impacted with significant ice storm through tomorrow morning and there may be several power outages. Of course the John Deere is useless against this. I did just see a truck go by the house but it was from a house up the street a bit and it was going down the street. The dude may not get back home. —— Yep, just got a call from the garbage truck folks saying they are delaying services by at least one day. Smart move on their part.

Well, Ms. Kate and I are almost 24 hours post second vaccine. I’m not having any ill effects from it, not even a sore arm. Ms. Kate is still snuggled in under the covers so I don’t know if it is bothering her or not. The nurse warned me that we may have a reaction because many people report that the second shot was much worse than the first. But, Praise the Lord, so far, so good. I am still getting over the affects of my head cold though. My sinuses are still giving me a problem and I have a cold sore on that is ugly and taking way too long to heal. I guess there is a benefit to wearing a mask in public after all. 

Speaking of wearing a mask, The Nation’s head COVID guru is now saying that we should wear multiple masks, one on top of another in a layered fashion.  Of course he is the same guy who initially said that masks were ineffective. He has changed direction a dozen times, loves to hear himself talk, and is enjoying the fame. I wouldn’t trust him to clean my canary cage. 

I guess I should be using this iced in period to get some writing done. One of these days we’ll be out of the deep freeze and things will begin again. I’m really hoping that we will be able to have service this Sunday but at the moment, I would not count on it. But that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t prepare. If worse comes to worse, I can maybe record my message for Sunday morning here at home and play it on Sunday morning. That is an interesting thought. I have my IPad to record it, I play the keyboard, I can certainly do my message and a prayer and scripture. Hmmmmm. Where there is a will, there is a way. 

Okay, that is it for today. Please stay safe out there. God loves you and so do I. Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment