Sunday, February 7, 2021

 Well, well, well! The ground is covered with white stuff this morning. I think we may have gotten as much as an inch, but the temperature is 12 degrees so it is going to stick around for awhile. I suspect that the roads may be a bit slick but since we aren’t getting out today, tat doesn’t bother me either. 

Yes, I know it is Sunday but I have this stupid head cold and could not go to work today. I have no doubt that with my coughing and my runny nose that I would have been gross in the pulpit. I mean who wants to look at the pastor as this COVID mask fills up from a runny nose. So, late last evening, I contacted the church councils and let them know that I could not do the services today. 

I’m glad to say that today I am feeling better. I took some evening version of Mucenex and slept like a log. This morning I took the day-time version and I’m not coughing near as much and the nose has dried up considerably. I really need to get over this thing before Wednesday because we go for our second COVID vaccination on Wednesday and if I have any symptoms, they will put me off. 

The sun is shining brightly but as the weatherman said last evening, it will be “Useless sunshine” because the temperature is so cold that the snow is not going to let. We are supposed to have aortic temperatures all week. I guess winter finally arrived. It can go away now. I’ve seen the snow, I’ve made comment that it is in fact beautiful, and now it can warm up now the snow can go away. 

I don’t have much else to say today. I just stopped by to wish you all a very happy day. The Super owl is on Television this evening. I’m not a sports fan so I may or may not watch it. I don’t have a dog in the fight but I would like to see Tom Brady win another Super Bowl ring. The QB for the other team is reportedly a rally super nice guy too, so may the best team win. 

Have a blessed day. {each. 








No comments:

Post a Comment