Thursday, February 18, 2021

 It was and is still snowing when I got up today but it appears that the snow is just about over. I pulled up the radar and it looks like we are just about in the clear and the Accuweather says that snow is ending in about 10 minutes. The good news is that we actually have 22 degrees this morning. Why that is good news I guess is silly but it is the first time in a week that we have had temperature that “warm” in the morning. It likes like we got maybe another inch to an inch and a half of snow last night. It shouldn’t be too hard to clear off. I put ice melt down on the drive last night before it started. If the sun would just pop out now, it would do wonders. I look out the window now and it is a bit hard to think that by Sunday we are going to have temperatures in the 40’s and next week in the 50’s. 

One of the biggest problems I have at the moment when it starts to melt is that there is snow and ice of course on the sun porch roof. When it starts to thaw, I get dripping into the sun porch. I have two buckets and a wastebasket out there at the moment to catch the drips and will have to watch them today and keep them emptied. But, I cannot complain about something so minor. I saw a news story last night about all of the power outages in Texas and they showed one home that actually had ice-cycles hanging from the ceiling fan. I’ll hush about my buckets. 

I taped an Ash Wednesday service yesterday and posted it for my folks. It went well. I had not done that before so it was good to know I can if I need to. There were several pastors that did that and at least one that I know of that actually had a church service. We still can’t get in to our parking lots. I hope that they melt enough before Sunday. I don’t want to miss another Sunday of live services. 

I guess I’ll drop off now. Sorry this is short but not a lot of news happening in the neighborhood these days. Have a blessed day. 








No comments:

Post a Comment