Monday, February 15, 2021

 Welcome to “snowmageden “ This is our first actual winter storm is several years. The entire nation is suffering through this so I can’t feel sorry for myself. This particular storm is coming in two waves. It started last night around midnight and we got an inch or a bit more at our house. It quit sometime during the night and now it is 1030 and it has started again. The prediction calls for anywhere from six to twelve inches depending on where you are. I was debating with myself whether to go clean off the driveway from what had already fallen or to just wait. Well, I debated long enough that it started snowing again and answered the question for me. Actually, I just stepped out there and it feels much more like sleet than snow. Oh boy. I think it is time to just make a pot of chili and brew another pot of coffee and enjoy the day. 

This storm is supposed to be east of us around 1700 hours today and then tomorrow is supposed be be a day of calm before another one comes in late Wednesday and Thursday. But guess what? Come Sunday, winter will officially be 2/3 over and perhaps a month from now we will be looking at early daffodils. It could happen. And if it did, it would be greatly appreciated. I think the whole country is ready for some warm weather and some sunny days. Between being told to stay home for the last year because of COVID and just when things were starting to loosen up this storm takes the nation, it can be very depressing if we let it. So, I’d ask you to check on folks around you and loved ones that may be concerned or depressed. Let them know you are thinking about them and that you are concerned about them. This will all pass eventually. 

That’s it for me today. If you are reading this then know that I have said a prayer for you today. God loves you and so do I. Peace. Be safe. 








No comments:

Post a Comment