Wednesday, December 9, 2020

 Wow, we are at mid-week already aren’t we. When you don’t go to work everyday at some location beside your in-home office, it is hard to keep up with the days. The only thing officially on my schedule today is to go to the church for taping of the service for Sunday. That doesn’t happen until 1600 this afternoon. Right now though, I’m waiting on breakfast or maybe we call it brunch. Ms. Kate has just put a “french toast casserole” in the oven so in about an hour we’ll be having that. That’s a good brunch. She put two together last night but they had to sit overnight. Our refrigerator is out of room so, since the temperature is dropping to 33 degrees at night, I put them in the grill and closed the lid. That certainly kept them cold. But, I’m going to have to put the second one in the freezer downstairs because it is going up to above 60 degrees today. 

I had to call for a dryer repairman appointment for our 18 year old clothes dryer. I think thee heating element has gone out on it. We did laundry yesterday and it took forever for the last load to dry. I had to run it through for a third time to get it really dry and when I took the clothes out they weren’t warm. So, I reckon we’ll not be doing any laundry until after next Tuesday. That’s perfectly okay because we’re all caught up. We only do two relatively small loads a week or every ten days. That sure is different from the days when all of the girls were home. I think we were doing laundry four days a week. I say “we” like I had anything to do with it and that would not be true. But these days, I probably do the laundry more often than Ms. Kate does simply because I don’t mind it at all. (I wonder if we still have an iron and ironing board?)

At the taping this afternoon I’m going to try to record a trumpet solo for our service on the 20th. I want to try to do “O Holy Night”. I went through it last night and it went fairly well although I was winded by the time I finished. I’m afraid that my days of playing are about over. I always get these ideas that I can still do it and I have it all in my mind how I want to do it and how it is going to go. But —- in the end, to actually accomplish it becomes a test of mind over matter. The lips are soft shot and the lungs are full of asthma. I reckon we’ll see what happens. Tune in to our worship service on You Tube @ St. Lucas’s UCC on the 20th and we’ll see how it turns out. 

I guess that is all for today. Have a wonderful day. Enjoy the sunshine. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment